Daddio Digger

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I’m new to the forums.
My usual find, happens over and over.
Bottle Caps, Pull Tabs, and Foil.

But I do occasionally find a few coins, even if they are clad, or newer pennies. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565298653.774358.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565298670.236779.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565298701.392764.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565298726.292339.jpg

Upvote 11

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Welcome to the madness! Let us know where you are located.

Keep at it, think about where a better spot may be, try to think outside the box, and soon you will be rewarded with better results including a gold ring if you keep on digging aluminum. Hopefully some wheats and some silver coming your way soon!

HH ALL

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m on vacation at the beach right now and every morning I dig 20 bottle caps and 20 pull tabs, but so far this week I’ve dug 2 silver rings and one gold ring plus $15 in clad and other interesting stuff and things. Keep at it brother!!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good. I sometimes go to a local school just to listen and dig. The more you practice the better you will be...especially if you get on some good ground. GL out there.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from SUNNY, HOT Florida.... The 2 tricks to finding good finds is #1 Research. Find out all you can about the area and where people met and had fairs, swam, had shows etc. #2 Learn your detector and know what things sound like so you won't waste a lot of time digging junk. I've been detecting for over 30 years and yet today I dug some junk. You have to dig to find stuff. Just keep at it and good Luck!

Last edited:

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with everyone on this one. Learn your detector and how it reacts to different things. Then dig anything that sounds like it might be good. I have been at it for a little over 17 years and I have never had a hunt where I didn’t dig some tabs, bottle caps, foil or other junky stuff. Most of the time the gold rings and earrings register just like the foil and tabs so if you are finding them you will find gold. Try different places and try to imagine where people might be doing something that would cause them to loose coins and jewelry or where activities took place a long time ago.

Keep at it and the good stuff will come. Keep swingin and good luck.

Hughett

May 11, 2019
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett gta x 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m on vacation at the beach right now and every morning I dig 20 bottle caps and 20 pull tabs, but so far this week I’ve dug 2 silver rings and one gold ring plus $15 in clad and other interesting stuff and things. Keep at it brother!!
Way to go Joe!!

Hughett

May 11, 2019
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett gta x 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are digging this type of junk then you are on the right track! Good luck!!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
If it repeats, dig it

I go to the middle school field near my house a few times a week and practice digging just mid-tones, I’m always amazed at what comes out of the ground

Last edited:

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club Daddio...

I had a relatively good day today, even though it was mostly clad. I did score a 'gold' (colored) owl. It's bling of some kind but rang up as a 21-23 on the Equinox.

The madness today for me was all of the BEEEEEPS for pennies, quarters and dimes! I'm getting pretty good at deciphering which are which. Now I'd like to be able to decipher some SILVER & GOLD in the wild! :laughing9:

Keep up the work... it'll pay off. slowly but surely.
EDIT: UPSIDE:/ upside for me today was virtually NO bottle caps, aluminum cans or pull tabs! I actually pulled more clad out of the ground than all the JUNK combined!
That's progress for me..or at least I'd like to think so. Maybe it was just the new park I hunted.

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daddio, just keep on diggin'...it's those pull tab and foil signals that put gold in the pouch. I have only one gold ring, an 18k beauty, and it showed up on one of our "dig every signal" days. Good luck out there, looking forward to seeing your next post filled with goodies..Ddf

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, I’m new to the forums.
My usual find, happens over and over.
Bottle Caps, Pull Tabs, and Foil.

But I do occasionally find a few coins, even if they are clad, or newer pennies. View attachment 1741307 View attachment 1741308 View attachment 1741309 View attachment 1741310

It's a good start! You'll get to this if you practice, post, and LISTEN then act on the advice freely and happily bestowed upon you by the successful old timers here! There are many that want to help you...but ya gotta listen! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/613151-golden-opportunity.html

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep digging everything for a while to learn your machine. You will do well with time! :occasion14:

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe-Dirt, I forgot to ask you on the rings... wet or dry finds?
I can't wait to get a waterproof set of headphones. I already have a weight belt to keep me from floating. I'm inspired by Casper and others who go full body into the deep to find gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread