dallgire
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jul 17, 2011
- Messages
- 509
- Reaction score
- 3
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Around Columbia SC
- Detector(s) used
- rather not say! lol ;)
- #1
Thread Owner
I always watched on todays finds and everywhere else about people bottle digging. I always wondered how in the world do you find a bottle pit? Well i was at a home site of my boss' and he took me to a spot in his yard where a lot of broken glass is and i was like cool! so i started detecting and dug up a small bottle that had the cap on it still (thats how the metal detector found it.) I was curious if bottles are collectible i found 6 that day all about 1.5 ft down within a 2ft area. None broken they all looked like medicine bottles. Also how do you tell how old they are? The only markings on them is the patent number I believe on the bottom.







