Tesoro Tejon

Attachments

• Old Bottle Finds 002.JPG
    Old Bottle Finds 002.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 309

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I have a feeling that's a rare bottle since it's so local, how many could have been made?

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I wanna go! post the picture of all your bottle finds, it's nice, and this Okie thread is kinda slow..........

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
I wanna go! post the picture of all your bottle finds, it's nice, and this Okie thread is kinda slow..........

Happy to oblige ng :hello: Here are some of the bottles from the same dig. Bottles 001.JPG

I really like the cobalt blue bottles. The blue one on the left is a Milk of Magnesia. The one on far right is slick and the smaller blues are Vicks bottles. The browns are also slick/no name, a Pinex cough syrup bottle,Bayer asprin, Dr. Price's Delicious Flavoring Extract bottle and a small clear Listerine bottle are just a few...
Thanks for looking, buckshot

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just AWESOME! What a great piece of Pawhuska history, Buckshot.....That find would make my entire year!! Have you located where the Osage Drug & Jewelry store was at?

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice druggist ! Congrats !!

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
That is just AWESOME! What a great piece of Pawhuska history, Buckshot.....That find would make my entire year!! Have you located where the Osage Drug & Jewelry store was at?
Hey Charmin, I was pretty excited to find it and was just hoping i could get it home without something happening to it. It is a really neat find. I have never seen one or heard of one till i found this one. Like ng mentioned it's very local and there cant be that many sitting around. Maybe some still in the ground somewhere?
I could'nt find an address for the place. Could you check some of your old phonebooks any info would be appreciated.
buckshot

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Charmin, I was pretty excited to find it and was just hoping i could get it home without something happening to it. It is a really neat find. I have never seen one or heard of one till i found this one. Like ng mentioned it's very local and there cant be that many sitting around. Maybe some still in the ground somewhere?
I could'nt find an address for the place. Could you check some of your old phonebooks any info would be appreciated.
buckshot
I looked in the old ConSurvey phone book that I have from 1938 and it wasn't listed.
I have a booklet from a play that the High School Class of 1914 put on and the Osage Drug & Jewelry was a sponsor---their name is at the top of each page of the booklet.
IMG_6716 (734x1024).jpg IMG_6728 (727x1024).jpg IMG_6726 (691x1024).jpg IMG_6725 (716x1024).jpg IMG_6723 (721x1024).jpg
I'll keep looking and see what else I can find for ya!

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey Charmin, Thanks! That's some good solid date info. :icon_thumleft: Having your business address listed must not have been a big deal. Guess you just ask around?
That's a neat Pawhuska Hgh School play program you have too. I think it compliments my bottle find quite nicely.

Thanks again, buckshot

gazmuth

Jun 16, 2012
North Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garret GTX 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe it predates 1915. Found an article listing in an August 8, 1915 Pawhuska Newspaper that lists "Freeninn's Rexall Drug and Jewelry"... guessing here, but would imagine that is the same one since it sold drugs and jewelry. Pawhuska was a very incorporated city in 1915, with their own Electric Plant and lots of Natural Gas, so in the early 1900's it was the place to be!

From an 1884 Article about the Osage Nation:

"Pawhuska now has five large general merchandise stores, besides sev-
eral smaller ones, doing a good business, four hotels, three banks, three
drug stores, four meat markets, three exclusively groceries, four livery
barns, three blacksmith shops, six restaurants, three barber shops, four
millinery parlors, four lumber yards, three wagon yards, two photograph
galleries, two bakeries, two gents' furnishing stores, two racket, and sev-
eral smaller stores and many roomiing and boarding houses sufficient to
entertain all comers till the lot sale, when the population may double in the
next year."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions