Bought A New Predator Tools Trowel

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago when I bought my new White's Spectra V3i I also bought their digging tool. Since I detect in the woods and have to cover a lot of ground on foot, I prefer not to lug a shovel around. Plus I shift hands often so I like the trowel on my belt. I've been happy with the White's digger and it has served me well for over three years of heavy use. But the sheath was made poorly and blew out quickly. I have been holding it together with plastic zip ties.

I was going nuts trying to find a generic sheath for it, without luck. Then I spent hours on searching for a replacement digger. I'd find one I liked then it would be out of stock. Finally discovered a great replacement through Predator Tools in NJ. I'm not a product review type. But I just received their trowel and am very happy with the design. 4130 Chrome-moly Virgin Steel, Aircraft Quality Heat Treated and Temper. Made in USA for 40 bucks on sale with a sheath. Plus they sell a military version of their sheath for 12 bucks which fits my White's digger nicely. The Model 85 Predator trowel is significantly lighter and more streamlined. Worth discussing since the digging tool is critical.

Attachments

• trowel1.jpg
    trowel1.jpg
    861.3 KB · Views: 26
  • trowel2.jpg
    trowel2.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 27
  • trowel3.jpg
    trowel3.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 22
  • trowel4.jpg
    trowel4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good, i made a copy of the model 31 raptor. Their tools are well made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread