What's new

Bought a sandwich at Subways today

Joanner

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I grabbed a handful of halves on the way out the door to pay for my sandwich at Subways--$5.50 worth. When I paid, the cashier guy got all excited and called another cashier from the floor to come check them out with him to see if any were worth saving. "Any from 1965 or later? Those are 30% (yes 30%) silver." No they didn't find anything worth keeping but were very excited to be able to have the opportunity. Little did they know, I had $1000 in halves in the car waiting to be looked at.
 
Upvote 0
1965 or later? If only...

I enjoy spending halves though. I've only gotten "Do we take these?" once, and the rest of the time it's "Wow, cool!" and "Never seen these before"/"Haven't seen these in a long time" (depending on age). Sometimes they give me a look like "You're crazy for not saving this"... :D
 
I like the long looks at the coin, trying to figure out what the heck it is. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that some of the younger folk don't know what halves are.
 
hahaha...65 or later...ya, ill take anything dated 64 and before if they dont want it...just saying :laughing9:
keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom