What's new

Bought bag from coin counter today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
I was offered the chance to buy a $1000 bag from a coin machine today. The bank is one where I have an account and the tellers are very nice. I actually just bank there, no dumping or regular buying (one other branch let me buy their 1000 bag a while ago too).

I asked how long the bag took to fill, and the teller estimated that it took 1.5 to 2 years. I figured no CRHers dumping and I took it.

The results are pretty good:

1- Walker

5-Franklins

12- 64's

74- 40%s

plus 2 proofs

You just can't beat buying from a coin machine (assuming it is not one visited regularly by a CRHer).

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Damn Jim those totals are awesome almost a 100 keepers out of a bag wow ... a 5 % keeper rate is killer... hell of a haul nowadays and congrats to ya and may you find a few more bags like that one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Due respect Jim, "The results are pretty good" ? Ninety four (94) keepers, even from a coin counter bag (where 2-2.5% is more the benchmark versus 1% from a Fed box IMHO) is quite a bit better than "....pretty good."

Mucho kudos and enjoy the rush........this is a roller coaster after all.
 
Super pickup J4S!!! Excellent results there buddy! Kudos.

Were you licking your chops after she told you 1 1/2 - 2 years to fill?

Keep plugging and good luck...........
 
LJ said:
Super pickup J4S!!! Excellent results there buddy! Kudos.

Were you licking your chops after she told you 1 1/2 - 2 years to fill?

Keep plugging and good luck...........

No kidding!
Congrats!
 
LJ said:
Were you licking your chops after she told you 1 1/2 - 2 years to fill?


LJ,

I knew there had to be some good keepers in there once I heard how long it took to collect. I have only been able to buy from a coin machine a few times since I have started CRHing, and each time was great. Some of the 40%s looked uncirculated (not BU, but no marks or wear), as if somebody saved them for years and then decided to cash them in.

Also not too much junk in the bag this time, like tokens, slugs, etc. I did find an 1866 copper British one penny "Victoria" coin that I will save, although it is not in great shape.

I wish I could buy a bag like this one every week! I have some boxes to pick up tomorrow, and based on my recent box results, they will probably be a let down after today's score.

Jim
 
Ed, Renegade, Thurmonator, LJ and TXTim,

Thanks all for the props! Today's score reminded me of some of my first few boxes when I first began CRHing. I still believe that as gas prices rise along with everything else, more silver is going to make its way into the banking system as people scrounge around their house for any money they can find. There may be new CRHers getting started too, but maybe some of them will get burned out after a few skunk boxes and give it up. :wink:


Jim
 
Awesome

I pray for days like that. Your heart must have been pumping. I get excited over anything silver these days.

Congratulations. Nice score :thumbsup:

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom