What's new

Bought My First Tesoro ! (Pic attached)

ToddB64

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
421
Reaction score
73
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Everybody,

Bought my first Tesoro today ! Bandido ll uMax (Pic attached shows control board.)

Should receive sometime week of Oct. 12th.

Can't wait to try it out ! ;D

Todd
 

Attachments

  • Tesoro Bandido ll uMax.webp
    Tesoro Bandido ll uMax.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,399
Congrats! You will love that machine - or any Tesoro. They are smooth operating and get great depth. I have several Tesoro machines and they are ALL good. I think that this one will probably be your go to machine before too long.

Good luck, Ian
 
Thanks Ian. Those were nice words of encouragement ! It's good to be assured that I made a good choice on make & model.

After I spend some time with the Bandido, I'll post my impressions and pics of finds on this thread.

Wishing you all the best !

Todd ;D
 
Congrats on the Tesoro, Todd. I come from a long line of White's and Garrett's. I am a true Tesoro fan, now. This summer I bought a Cibola, it's the same as yours but without the ground balance. Learn that machine, and you will learn to love it, like I did. :thumbsup:

DM
 
Thanks Digginman !

I do plan to read the manual at least (3) times and spend lot's of time afield with the Bandido ll uMaxto gain "hands on" experience.

Wishing you Good Luck on every hunt ! :thumbsup:

Todd
 
Hi Everybody !

Received my Bandido ll uMax today, Oct. 21........it arrived around 3:30 PM, EST.

I got it assembled and read some of the manual, then had to finish some chores before dark.

Tomorrow, I'll take it for a test drive. :icon_cheers:

Todd
 
I've got the Badido Umax, very similar. Learning and maintaining ground balance is important. Many say they're about as good as they get.
 
muleskinner said:
I've got the Badido Umax, very similar. Learning and maintaining ground balance is important. Many say they're about as good as they get.

Hi muleskinner !

I went to the Tesoro website: http://www.tesoro.com Home page and clicked on the Manuals button (on the left margin of the page), then scrolled down to Earlier Models and saw that there were (4) Bandido models, i.e. the Bandido, Bandido II, Bandido II uMax and the uMax Bandido. I clicked on all of those models and read the specs.. The first three have an operating frequency of 10 kHz, but the uMax Bandido, operates at 12 kHz ! Good for you ! :thumbsup:

Yes, I can see that proper setting and maintaining the ground balance is very important. Tuning to the exact point between negative and positive, with just a bit on the positive side, takes practice, no doubt. I found a good explanation of ground balancing on the Tesoro website. It really helped me understand. If you or anyone else viewing this would like to read it, just follow the route below.

Go to the Tesoro website Home page:http://www.tesoro.com > Click on: Frequently Asked Questions (on left margin of page) > Click on General Detecting > Scroll down to: OPERATION > read under subtitle: What is ground balancing ?

Thanks muleskinner and HH !

Todd :icon_salut:
 
Congrats! You will be a Tesoro lover! I see this post is about a month old. How is it working for you? :thumbsup:
 
The B2uMax was my first Tesoro machine, and I used to use the 7" widescan on it which worked great. You will love this machine! It truly is HOT on gold, and does pretty darn good on silver too. And, being that it is a manually balanced machine, you should see some pretty good depth on it as well.

Ray
 
Was just wondering.
My bandido 2 Umax Has the max Boost Feature and the one in the photo does not.
Did they make two diferent Models of the same Detector?
One with the max boost and one without?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom