Bought myself a 10" x 12" SEF coil - Anyone know how long the warranty is?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just on the odd chance it's my coil and not my detector that has the issue I figured I better have a coil which I know will work for the Spring. Just ordered it, but do not see anywhere how long the warranty is... which leads me to believe it's 1 year, and that would totally suck. 2 years would be cool and what it should be, and 3 or more would be fantastic, but I think that's dreaming.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IP
i hope that new coil will work for you ...i know you really dig your Minelab...good luck with that...maybe the people that sold you the coil know the time of warranty .
Gary

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP
i hope that new coil will work for you ...i know you really dig your Minelab...good luck with that...maybe the people that sold you the coil know the time of warranty .
Gary

I'm sure they do, I just thought it would be easier to ask on here. I had no contact with them, just went though their checkout and that was that.

I would still bet it's my detector, but just in case it would be pretty dumb if the Spring arrived and I had two working detectors and no working coils. :laughing7:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I assume you got it through Kellyco, right? I got a 8x6 a while back and worked at trying to contact them for service on the coil and it was like the burmuda triange...no reply. I just gave up. My biggest concern is, where do you send it if you do have a problem, back to Europe? These are like a "pig in the poke" in reality. I will relish hearing positive feedback though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume you got it through Kellyco, right? I got a 8x6 a while back and worked at trying to contact them for service on the coil and it was like the burmuda triange...no reply. I just gave up. My biggest concern is, where do you send it if you do have a problem, back to Europe? These are like a "pig in the poke" in reality. I will relish hearing positive feedback though.

yep, very little choice. I went to the Detech website, clicked to see where to buy and there's only 2 dealers. Kellyco made it easy (even though the shipping was extremely high) and the other site had the coils hidden better than my next Rev War button find. I looked for 5 minutes and didn't see them, so forgot about comparing the price and just bought the thing.

The fact it's not listed I'd have to think it's one year. If it was a great warranty they'd say so, so seems like it's not.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had all the sizes for my v3i never had any issues they grew to be my favorite go to coils I had better depth,separation,& better in EMI then my dd coils, was also pretty rough with them to didn't effect them 1 bit, should have gotten a warranty letter in the box it came with

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had all the sizes for my v3i never had any issues they grew to be my favorite go to coils I had better depth,separation,& better in EMI then my dd coils, was also pretty rough with them to didn't effect them 1 bit, should have gotten a warranty letter in the box it came with

The reason I bought it is that I'm looking for the alternative for the old stock coil which I use to this day, but are getting harder and harder to find. Quite a while back, probably when the SEFs just came out I got one on a trade, and tried it. It was only for a short hunt, but it had the same feel as the old coil, and that was not the case when I tried the pro coil. I'm actually not really that concerned about the warranty, more interested if I was right and this coil will be as good for me. It is positive though hearing that they have had no issues for you.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See I was & am a big dd coil fan, I honestly don't like concentric coils not sure why exactly I just dont, & I wanted something different to try on my v StumbleUpon these sef's now if I have a detector & it can have an sef coil I will go and try to find & get one I have had no issues, only positive reasctions with them & that's why I went & bought all 3 for the v the only black sef that works with the v is the 6x8, the rest 10x12 & the 12x15 have to be the newer white models to operate correctly with the multi frequencies, u made a good choice I dought u'll have any issues

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also knowing you got it from kellyco makes me also believe you got a real one & not a knock off detech which is sef coil the company is originaly out of Bulgaria & kellyco well at least as far as I know upto 4 months ago was the only one authorized to even sell the sef(detech) brand

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also knowing you got it from kellyco makes me also believe you got a real one & not a knock off detech which is sef coil the company is originaly out of Bulgaria & kellyco well at least as far as I know upto 4 months ago was the only one authorized to even sell the sef(detech) brand

Didn't know there was fakes. Years back I used to buy everything used, but for a few reasons I stick to new now. There is one more authorized dealer but I'd be damned if I could find the coils on their web page. I pay everything I buy online with Paypal, and Kellyco has a straight forward checkout with PP as an option, so I wasn't going to waste half my day seeing where else I could get one of these.... because I suspect the price would have been close anyway.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh I didn't know there was another vendor for them I was told by detech on there site in Bulgaria that in u.s.a kellyco was the only one huh, anyhow I've seen only honestly 2,that weren't real & detech tells you how,to tell if there real or you can give them the serial #,they will check it for ya, kellyco is,where I got my 3 & emailed them to actually talk to a person & let em know I was a member of tnet & shipped like next day & got a better deal cash off the web page listed price

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh I didn't know there was another vendor for them I was told by detech on there site in Bulgaria that in u.s.a kellyco was the only one huh, anyhow I've seen only honestly 2,that weren't real & detech tells you how,to tell if there real or you can give them the serial #,they will check it for ya, kellyco is,where I got my 3 & emailed them to actually talk to a person & let em know I was a member of tnet & shipped like next day & got a better deal cash off the web page listed price

Should be here Wednesday, and not that there is any hurry, I just like crossing things off the list, and not detecting equipment is complete for 2014. If I like the SEF I might actually buy a bigger one too... see how it goes. If I do i'll have them send it USPS and not International Fedex!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ull like it I got no doubt if you at all like the dd coils an sef is like a super charger version. Good luck

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JW at Kellyco is a good guy, helped me on several occasions. I think his extension is 172. If you have problems. Do not know for sure, but I believe I recall one year warranty on those coils. Ive bought several for different machines. Some work out, some dont,you know how that goes Im sure. Have to use one for your detector,detecting type of hunts to find out.
lotsa luck with that coil,
Gator

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya the one who helped me Robert Morales another great guy over there. Kellyco definetly has there ups & downs & I don't think they get the respect they really do deserve

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree there there should be a certain point I know exactly what ur saying definitely on something like that

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be here Wednesday, and not that there is any hurry, I just like crossing things off the list, and not detecting equipment is complete for 2014. If I like the SEF I might actually buy a bigger one too... see how it goes. If I do i'll have them send it USPS and not International Fedex!

You will love the SEF, I own 2 12x15 and 1 15x18 SEF butterfly coils bought from Kellyco and they are great coils....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disagree all you want, Kellyco is a sponsor here so no more attacks.....

Please put thread back on topic....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP you used the word fraud which is an attack.... I asked to please put thread back on topic.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here here back to our point at hand he is right your gonna like the sef coil guarantee it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread