bounty hunter camo LS

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of my friends who I got in to metal detecting his girl friend bought him a bounty hunter camo Ls he turn it off and now it won't turn on.

I tried to re boot it but that didn't work so we took it a part the battery leads looked good the batteries are bran new no black spots on the board switches all work the on off switch clicks nicely no keep on turning it stops when it's at the end. I told him to find his recite and see if it's still under warranty he wasn't happy to her that he said he's in a good spot...some found a piece of copper with a big knob of silver on it and made over 500.00 bucks on it..So I gave him my gtax 400 to use to marrow and he's going to pick me up to marrow morning to go in to the same area all have the 5900 and my gold pan any idea on the LS..

liftloop

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of my friends who I got in to metal detecting his girl friend bought him a bounty hunter camo Ls he turn it off and now it won't turn on.

I tried to re boot it but that didn't work so we took it a part the battery leads looked good the batteries are bran new no black spots on the board switches all work the on off switch clicks nicely no keep on turning it stops when it's at the end. I told him to find his recite and see if it's still under warranty he wasn't happy to her that he said he's in a good spot...some found a piece of copper with a big knob of silver on it and made over 500.00 bucks on it..So I gave him my gtax 400 to use to marrow and he's going to pick me up to marrow morning to go in to the same area all have the 5900 and my gold pan any idea on the LS..

liftloop

well the guy sent it in to bounty hunter. he called, they told him it was fix. thay sent it back and the detector does the same thing doesn't turn on. he is a little up set. they charge him 20.00 for nothen and the shiping he paid for nothen. he called and told them to have the person who worked on it too get tested for drugs. why would bounty hunter do that they had it a long time to fix it. it couldn't be that hard to fix. why bounty hunter why...

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why bounty hunter why...

Whenever you open an electronic item to check it out, even if you do not touch anything at all inside, you void the warranty. I'd contact BH and see if they are willing to replace the unit rather than fix it. They would have a much better return on their investment if your friend is a happy customer.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the batteries inserted correctly?

Roger_Roger

May 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get lots of bad new batteries especially the rabbit batteries....I use Duracell when I can not saying you cant get a bad one but good luck so far. Might use a multimeter to at least ck the voltage output and a battery checker for load...Home Depot.
Good luck...I like my Camo LS

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get lots of bad new batteries especially the rabbit batteries....I use Duracell when I can not saying you cant get a bad one but good luck so far. Might use a multimeter to at least ck the voltage output and a battery checker for load...Home Depot.

the L.S is on it's way back, they replaced the board. I think Larry is going to be happy know. It should be here this week if he doesn't have it all ready...

djrocker

Greenie
Aug 28, 2012
Spring, Texaas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150 / BH Camo LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You recommend the BH Camo LS? I am about to trade a guy some items for one soon. As far as I have read, it looks to be a pretty good unit.
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread