Bounty Hunter - Fortune Hunter

thebadger108

May 2, 2014
Payson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fortune Hunter!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked this up about a month or so ago. I have put about 8 hours in it at the local parks and my front yard. I have tried to find info on my B.H. but cannot find any tips/videos about my specific model. Anyone else use this detector? Any tips you can give me would be awsome. I have attempted to find some local M.D. clubs in my area. There is nothing. I live in a small community in the forest (yes,we do have forests in Arizona :tongue3:) so the nearest city is 90 miles away, so I am basically learning on my own here. Any help would be awsome! Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

thebadger108

May 2, 2014
Payson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fortune Hunter!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya i have the instructions.. its the same one. Thanks for the info. Was kinda of trying to find out how you can tell the depth of a target on this thing. .. ???

simbad42

Nov 10, 2013
Santa Barbara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can only get a vary rough estimate on the depth with that machine seeing as it does not have a depth gauge on the screen.
you can turn your sensitivity down and see if the object stops showing up, if it stops then you can guess that it is deepish, if it doesn't go away then you can guess that it is not vary deep. an example of an exception to this would be, a crushed can or what not reading as a ((1,10, 25, 50 cent piece) silver range) then it could be fairly deep and you would still get a signal when you turn the sensitivity all the way down.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
that machine is sort of a beginner radio-shack type of detector. But .... the "toys" of today are probably every bit as good (or better) than top-of-the-line machines of the 1970s and '80s :)

As for clubs in your area: Unless you lived by a very big city, there's probably not going to be any clubs. They day-&-age of physical clubs ended in the 1990s. When internet forums sort of replaced them. Nowadays, when someone wants to research, meet people, learn about their machine, show off finds, see other people's finds, etc.... you can do so from the comfort of your living room. Lazy people stopped going to club meetings, and found their socializing on-line, instead. So a lot of clubs folded in the late 1990s. R.I.P.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread