What's new

Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer information?

LRP1980

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2016
Messages
24
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Brighton, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone tried or used the BH Pinpointer device? I see Walmart has them on clearance for like $40 and wasn't sure if they were worth the use/cost?
 
If you took the 0 off the 40...it would be worth it. Save some $ and buy a decent one if you can.

They are better than not having one at all however...and you can mod them to make them better.
 
Thanks, I kind of thought that. It was odd they were selling them on clearance. [emoji23] I'm pretty good with the detector pin pointing, but I know a hand held unit would speed up the recovery times. I'll save up for something better. :)
 
It's honestly not the worst you could do, and it does speed target recovery time, but it sure as hell isn't worth 40 bucks. I used one for several months until it bit the dust. I replaced it with a Garret Carrot, and wow, you sure get what you pay for. Save up and get a high quality pinpointer.
 
It is better than no pinpointer, I have one and tuned it up a bit. My son uses it after I got the carrot.
 
Best bang for buck is the Deteknix XPointer. $89 new and I've seen used ones as low as $40. Just my opinion. I'd rather dig dirt and wave it in front of the detector coil than use a BH pinpointer again.
 
I bought one back in 2014, it only has a range of about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. It makes a great paperweight. You need to spend at least $89 to get a decent one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom