What's new

BOUNTY HUNTER PIONEER 202 HELP

  • Thread starter Thread starter BOBOANDPOOH
  • Start date Start date
B

BOBOANDPOOH

Guest
HELLO
I AM BRAND NEW AT METAL DETECTING AND HAVE A BOUNTY HUNTER PIONEER 202 AND NEED ALL THE HELP AS I WANNA FIND COINS AND SUCH AND NEW IN PA SO ANYONE CAN HELP ME IS THANKED ???
 
:) I have a 202 and I have found a few coins and a heck of a lot of ring pulls. I need to get out and use it more and learn it. I know some people think the 202 is a cheap piece of crap, but at the time that was all I could afford. It is now how expensive your detector is it is how well you learn to use what you got. :)

Rennie
 
I have its big brother the BH 505. They are very similar. It is a coin finding son of a gun!! I mainly coin hunt parks, schools, beaches, etc. Since you are new to the machine. You might want to change to a smaller coil. The BH 4" coil is great for coins. Makes pinpointing a breeze! They are about $40. Even with the stock coil you can find the coins! I usually hunt with the sensitivity set to max, in auto-notch mode, and the discrimination set at around two o clock. Any high tones are nearly guaranteed dimes or quarters with a few silver rings thrown in every now and then ;D Lower tones are pull-tabs, or gold items. Mid-tones are pennies. Just watch the screen for depth and type of item. The BH is pretty dead on when it comes to identifying finds. The depth might be a little off. Very low tones are nickles or the metal end of a pencil that holds the eraser (like I said I hunt a lot of schools) You can max out the discrimination and it will totally ignore the pull tabs just about, but you will also loose any gold jewelery. Great little machine! Have fun and Happy Hunting! Good Luck!
 
I had one for a couple of years and found coins c/w relics and other things,the key is getting to know your machine.....comes with lots of hours,my best suggestion is swing multiple directions in the same area.
goodluck

keep diggin p.s if it says pulltab you better dig it ;D
 
this read pulltabs
 

Attachments

  • HPIM0031.webp
    HPIM0031.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 467

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom