OP
OP
Guster

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i had a warmer day here and took my son out in the yard. I discriminated so it would only detect coins and i got a reading and found a nail...boo

I was getting plenty of readings that were hard to pinpoint then disappeared. Any advice on this?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nails will def show up as high tones. Certain angles and such....and especially if bent into a 90 angle.

The ghost signals are just an anomaly all MDers deal with from time to time. Perhaps a old piece of metal was once there but has disintegrated or whatever. It will hit a great signal at an angle or two and then it is almost as if the detector will balance to that object or the object just disappears. Even if going over the same angles it once hit...poof gone.

Whats worse is when the ghost signal is so good you actually get down and dig it....only to disturb the "mystery conditions" making the signal appear. Your pointer and MD will never find it again and you will be left scratching your head and muttering under your breath lol

OP
OP
Guster

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I have had my fill of this unit. I can now see that it gives me no depth after learning to do an air test with coins.

Ive watched some reviews and useage videos on the new Whites model, the Treasurepro, and I think Im ordering this one because of the functions it gives for the price and it seems to have great depth.

I watched a video from a guy who uses an AT Pro and he really like it, so my son will be excited to get his first metal detector (hand me down) lol.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok I have had my fill of this unit. I can now see that it gives me no depth after learning to do an air test with coins.

Ive watched some reviews and useage videos on the new Whites model, the Treasurepro, and I think Im ordering this one because of the functions it gives for the price and it seems to have great depth.

I watched a video from a guy who uses an AT Pro and he really like it, so my son will be excited to get his first metal detector (hand me down) lol.
You can't go wrong with an AT Pro.

OP
OP
Guster

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was actually referring to the at pro user liking the whites model

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LOL....I had to go back and reread the thread. A $369 Treasure Pro is a ways from a month ago. You're getting the detector roulette fever.:laughing7:

The TP seems like a good detector.

OP
OP
Guster

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope so. Dont think my wife would like me going too much higher at the moment lol.

The features really make it sound good for the price range, but if only it came in a package with a garrett digger shovel lol.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend from another forum has a TP. He reviewed it, but made this claim:

"The only thing I could say about the TP that some people may not like is that it's optimal sweep speed is about two seconds from side to side.You can go faster, but if you lose your threshold slow it back down, you are over a rejected item! It doesn't have a very fast recovery speed, but it does see deep when you are working it slow or a bit quicker."

Just thought it may help that you have to swing it somewhat slow.

OP
OP
Guster

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So for comparison, what would the optimal speed to swing a Garrett AT be?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know about the AT Pro. Too fast and you could miss a good deep target. I swing my LRP at about 2 seconds left to right. The comment came from a friend (Gene) who calls himself Carolina Coin Hunter on youtube. Maybe he made a video of it and has more info on it.

Keep in mind that Minelabs are the same way. Better depth and ID at a somewhat slower swing speed. Not a bad thing, just a fact of operations. It's why that the FTPs fratbros process lightning fast recovery speed is so successful, as well as Tesoro's. It beeps and IDs the millisecond it see's the target. Not a second or so after you've swung past it. You just have to give some processes time to....well....process.

OP
OP
Guster

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at the tesoros too that some people love. Im just not partial to the 1960s robot looking unit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread