What's new

Box and Hand Rolls Today w/pic

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Well I finally got a box today. I read about dates on the boxes but mine had no date. I also picked up $350 in hand rolls.
Box:
6 - 40%
1 - 1964
1 - 2002 d
1 - 2005 d
Hand Rolls:
8 - 40%
Not bad. Did a little MDing, found about $4.00. One was a 1957 wheat.... it was a good day. The odds still are looking better on hand rolls.........
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_023.webp
    ScreenHunter_023.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 309
  • ScreenHunter_024.webp
    ScreenHunter_024.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0
tw656 said:
that one coin looks blood red.
I meant to mention that in my post. I almost passed by it. It is a 68 but rust colored. But it is silver so it's a keeper.
 
Congrats on your first box AW. I get boxes with no dates on them also....got one today. Still trying to figure that out.

Nice job on the Wheat too. I need to take a break in the CRH'ing and do my MD'ing myself. Hubby and I started going pretty regular before I got into CRH'ing....lol. I find more silver this way..... ;), but it is fun getting out there.
 
Great job. My boxes had no dates either. They did have numbers handwritten on the side. I was there when the truck was, so I know the bank is served by Dunbar.

I went in today and asked for a box of dimes. I got it but also got the "We can't do this for you again. Normally charge for any amount over $100". That's BOA for you. I have a student account there, so I guess I'll ask for $100 in dimes everytime I cash a check or something.

HH.
 
Sheldius,What is the fee amount they charge for coin over $100?

I wonder if they charge this "fee" to all the businesses who come week after week needing change and you know they don't get less than $100/week :P.

It seems strange that they would mention charging you for something that they have in normal stock every day(dimes) and NOT charge you for SPECIAL ordering halves for you week after week.OR do they charge you?

Unless you have a lot of hunters in your area than YOU are the ONLY one who they order halves for.Nobody else wants them!
 
lejeuene said:
Congrats on your first box AW.
4th box LJ but who's counting. I also found a 1952s nickel MDing. I found 52 coins for $4.22. So far MDing this year I have found 3808 coins for $227.99. Some of that is wheats, Rosie's, Merc's and a Barber dime and a Buffalo nickel. Woo Hoo for me ;D
 
schramm said:
Sheldius,What is the fee amount they charge for coin over $100?

I wonder if they charge this "fee" to all the businesses who come week after week needing change and you know they don't get less than $100/week :P.

It seems strange that they would mention charging you for something that they have in normal stock every day(dimes) and NOT charge you for SPECIAL ordering halves for you week after week.OR do they charge you?

Unless you have a lot of hunters in your area than YOU are the ONLY one who they order halves for.Nobody else wants them!

Yes, they charge the business accounts a fee for their boxes. I'm sure they would start charging for the halves as well. Before they only asked if it was for a business and when I said no, they gave me the box.

I have gotten from this branch 2 boxes of nickels, 3 boxes of dimes, and 1 box of halves over 2 months. Guess they decided to nip it in the bud.
 
Good gosh AW...that is alot of coins....WTG.

What type of detector do you use? My husband bought two DFX's for us but we are still learning how to use them....there is a learning curve we have to get through.
 
Well in that case,since they have already nipped it in the bud,it couldn't hurt to find out what the "fee" is exactly.

Also make them produce a receipt for your charge(if you buy the halves) OR come up with some document that spells out the charge/fee in writing.

I have been told by several banks over the years that they have to charge a fee,but have yet to find one that has it in writing ???.

Let us know what you find out.Thanks.

Has anyone on here actually been CHARGED a fee,or are they just idol threats ???.Please share 8).
 
Nice haul, awhitster. More silver than you had yesterday. And I didn't know you were such a pro at MDing!
 
fiatboy said:
Nice haul, awhitster. More silver than you had yesterday. And I didn't know you were such a pro at MDing!
I don't know about pro but I do pretty good. I have had an Ace 250 a little over a year now. I keep a spreadsheet of all my finds. I've done pretty good on some old coins and relics. Not quite as good as the folks in the east because Cali isn't as old. All told, my total since I started is 7153 coins for $441.89. 75 wheats, 1 silver Washington quarter, 1 Seated Liberty quarter 1877, 11 silver dimes 1916 to 1964 and my fave, a 1952 Ben half.
 
lejeuene said:
Good gosh AW...that is alot of coins....WTG.

What type of detector do you use? My husband bought two DFX's for us but we are still learning how to use them....there is a learning curve we have to get through.
Garrett Ace 250. Easy to use. No fancy schmancy stuff to learn. It gets the stuff others leave behind.
 
Nice haul!
Not a bad box!
I've had a DFX for about 3 years and am still learning it. Haven't been out much this year with all the other distractions like work but I have found a Barber quarter, dime(2) and 3 V nickels this year. Clad total was over $600 last year and got several gold rings and lots of sterling & a pile of WWI military junque.
 
Sheldius said:
Normally charge for any amount over $100". That's BOA for you.

I think that just may be your bank. My BofA has ordered me 2-3 boxes of halves for me per week for almost half a year and no fee or even mention of one.

Some banks (or tellers) just make up their own rules. Ask to see the fee schedule or go up to a merchant customer as they leave the bank. You will recognize them because they are loaded down with coin. I bet they don't pay a fee. There are too many banks out there competing for business that will not charge a fee.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom