What's new

box of quarters #2

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
4,386
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
well, i did my 2nd ever box of quarters today, and it was a skunk, but maybe i will have better luck next time i try quarters, that is if i do try them again.
 
Upvote 0
I did my first box of quarters last week and found nada as well. Guess I am going to stick with the halves.

apush :read2:
 
Yes, I get skunked with quarters alot also. The thing that makes them attractive to me is, they are easy to find and easy to dump. Any bank in the country just about knows that they will need quarters down the road. The state quarter program hurt our odds of finding silver, and the National Parks series will as well.

In fact quarters are the only coin I haven't had a big score with.

On the other hand, with the National Park series starting, another major error is possible in the near future. So by saving all of our new quarters now, we will have some coins to inspect, once the errrors are made known.

Just my thoughts, take care, Dave
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
well, i did my 2nd ever box of quarters today, and it was a skunk, but maybe i will have better luck next time i try quarters, that is if i do try them again.

One thing you can get with the quarters that is probably worth keeping. 2009 territory quarters.

The Samoa, USVI and Marianna quarters were put out in pretty small quantities. I am saving those that I find (wehich are not many per box!)

I think they will be worth something in a few years. Not in 20 years, but in a few. maybe worth $1 each, which is 4 times. Hey, the 1965 - 1969 halves are only worth 4 times face, but we keep those, true? At least try to get a roll of each if you can. It may take a while, but it can happen. And it makes quarters more funt o seach again, as opposed to just getting skunks looking for silver (which is tough to find on quarters)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom