Capt.E
Full Member
- Joined
- Jan 17, 2008
- Messages
- 150
- Reaction score
- 278
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- FAR NOR CAL
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Whites Xlt , Minelab Equinox 800 , Fisher Goldbug 2
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:It's a fake or real box plate. :P
I guess I'll ask all the questions...
Where did you get it?
Was is dug?
What location was it found in?
What state?
Or - what Country?
Is the lead oxidized on the back?
Montana Jim said:I don't think British Will...

deepskyal said:I always thought HMS was the abbreviated form of "Her Majesty's Ship" (at least in Crossword puzzles,lol)
That might fit the British Marines....
Al
nobody knows i guessterrydoo said:I dug this up in kershaw south carolina in a grassy area by the railroad tracks, can anyone tell me anything about it. obviously it is a plate of somekind. new or old?
terrydoo said:I would have to say that it stands for HER MAJESTIES SERVICE. do you agree or not.
BuckleBoy said:terrydoo said:I would have to say that it stands for HER MAJESTIES SERVICE. do you agree or not.
I'm stumped. But that's my best guess too. I have no clue on age, but I feel certain that it's a good find.
Maybe you could list this on another forum--if there is one that exists for british or canadian relics...Maybe Tnet member Romeo has seen something like this before.
Best Wishes,
Buckles
CRUSADER said:Only in James Bond. Its Her or His (depending on Monarch) Majesties Ship.
BuckleBoy said:CRUSADER said:Only in James Bond. Its Her or His (depending on Monarch) Majesties Ship.
Was it only warships that bore this designation, or did other ships bear it too?
CRUSADER said:BuckleBoy said:CRUSADER said:Only in James Bond. Its Her or His (depending on Monarch) Majesties Ship.
Was it only warships that bore this designation, or did other ships bear it too?
Yes only warships had HMS. However I'm not convinced it does mean this, as its meaningless without a ships name after it.
