What's new

Boy scout Medals

andrewt

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2015
Messages
79
Reaction score
179
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orange County NY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone provide a date on these?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5108.webp
    IMG_5108.webp
    479.3 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 18
Don't know the age, but they look like neckerchief slides congrats
 
I don't know the age but I have a ton of those things!!
 
great_find.gif
Did you find all of them in the same hole?
 
Not the same hole but all at the same location for an hour of detecting
 
You were detecting a Boy Scout Campground or a site used for a Boy Scout Jamboree.
Quite a collection.
Congrats.
 
Eight Boy Scout and one "Tiger Cub" neckerchief slides, probably all from the 1950's to present times. Do they have different styles of clasps on the reverses? Sub 8-)
 
I love finding those things.
 
Most have the folding metal in the back except for one which has rivets.... After finding these I drove to the next town over and detected a school and found another one with a wolf ... Coicidence?
 
They are not that old, I used the same kind in the late eighties, early nineties. The round one in the middle intrigues me, can you take a picture of the back?
 
It's completely smooth on the back ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466966793.328106.webp
 
Eight Boy Scout and one "Tiger Cub" neckerchief slides, probably all from the 1950's to present times. Do they have different styles of clasps on the reverses? Sub 8-)

Actually, 7 Boy Scout plus one Webelo (the one on the upper right) + Tiger Cub. Yep, was recently detecting a camp that was regularly used by boy scouts and recovered several similar slides.
 
Last edited:
Cool blast from the past; reminds me of when I was a Boy Scout's, Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom