Boy......What a job!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good Morning all! I decided that since yesterday was way too windy....I would take on the monumental task of cleaning my clad! UH......yeah! What a job that is!

I would personally like to thank Ray-King for his great recipe for cleaning coins! Thank you...Thank You! It's a miracle! Take a look........I finally get to see my 1908 V nickle! Sorry, no pic of it....can't get the camera to take close enough shot. My clad never looked so good, and now I can roll those puppies up and take em to the bank!! ;D

Happy Hunting,
Moon

P.S. The last shot doesn't serve them justice.....they look even better than the pic!

Attachments

• Dirty-Clean Clad 002.jpg
    Dirty-Clean Clad 002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 350
  • Dirty-Clean Clad 003.jpg
    Dirty-Clean Clad 003.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 362
  • Dirty-Clean Clad 004.jpg
    Dirty-Clean Clad 004.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 355
  • Dirty-Clean Clad 006.jpg
    Dirty-Clean Clad 006.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Dirty-Clean Clad 014.jpg
    Dirty-Clean Clad 014.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0
Moon.. they look great. What is the famous recipe?
Can you share with a few hundred of your closest friends?
Please....
Bu

That is definitely a GOOD cleaning job,wow! I tumble my dirty coins and some just won't come clean.

I found KING RAY'S cleaning recipe,here it is (copied and pasted from the following thread):

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,33004.0.html

INGREDIENTS:
1 Tablespoon of Table salt, ( Fully leaded not LOW Salt )
Enough DISTILLED
white vinegar to cover the coins well,
A PLASTIC
Scouring pad, NOT
a metal one. ( The sort you use to wash the dishes i.e. a Brillo Pad )
& a bit of ELBOW grease.

TECHNIQUE:
Place Salt and Vinegar into an old Glass or plastic shallow bowl or pot.
Make sure the salt is totally disolved by stiring well.
Place coins or jewlery in the solution for around 1-2 hours. ( Some items might not need as much time & others may need a bit longer, but DON'T over do it. )
Check the items and give a little scrub every 15 minutes or so with the Brillo pad. The coins will have a dull finnish to them but that goes when you scrub.
Put items back into the solution until all the crud is gone then scrub & rinse well with fresh running hot or warm water and then Dry.
and HEY PRESTO.!! you have nice clean coins and jewelry.

Killing the clad i c,

How did you clean them?

Thanks Guys and Gals.....The "recipe" is posted now on this topic. Guess I should have posted it too. Most of this clad was from last year, but some from this year too. I used a tumbler too last year for 120.00 worth of quarters. Just got them clean enough to take to the bank. Tumblers take too long and kill the finish. It doesn't do a thing for corroded coins either. Some of the nickles I cleaned were crusty and green. What a difference now. My total (including pennies which will have to wait for another time), was 39.93. Not bad. Puts gas in the truck! Man that's alot of holes!!

Happy Hunting all,
Moon

What a difference that made! I'm gonna have to try that too!

Congrats on all those finds Moon!

;)

Moon, great job on the clean-up!! By the way, what kind of detector are you shooting with??

Thanks Eathabs.....I just have a cheap Radio Shack model. My ex-husband bought it for me years ago...glad he spent so much on me :-\ NE way....it's works fine for me. Some day....I'll marry me a rich fella and I'll upgrade!!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Moon,

Congrats on all your finds. Good job cleaning.

HH :)
RR

Hey Moonshadow,
GREAT JOB on the cleaning, and i'm SOOOO pleased you tried my recipe and that it helped you too.
It's not a new idea and has been round for years but as i said " IT WORKS GOOD "
Keep up the good work and once again i'm glad i was able to help you.
All the very best to you and i hope you have many, many more finds that don't need so much cleaning either. LoL.!!
Take care and happy hunting too,
Ray King.
P.S.
It works wonders on Silver too. See my photos here of the Silver braclet i found a few days ago B4 & After treatment with my Secret Formula.!! HEHEHEHEHE
P.P.S.
Thanks to PENNYWORTH also for Reposting my Recipe. I just hope it Helps alot more people. I'm Glad to have been able to share something usefull on this GREAT forum.
TTFN.

Attachments

• Silver Bracelet B4 Cleaning small.JPG
    Silver Bracelet B4 Cleaning small.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Silver Bracelet After Cleaning small.JPG
    Silver Bracelet After Cleaning small.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Silver Bracelet B4 Cleaning small.JPG
    Silver Bracelet B4 Cleaning small.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Silver Bracelet After Cleaning small.JPG