Braided Hair Large Cent

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Hey, folks, Colonial KirkPA, Colonial Silver Zeus, and I got out to a new site today. When we first arrived at our metal datecting destination, Colonial KirkPA had the dry heaves for about 5 minutes. :D It didn't take long for Colonial KirkPA to get his metal datecting game face on after I said, "You better get that-a-dry-heaving done, boy, because we-ain't-a-waiting for ya, buddy boy." :D Let me just say that Colonial KirkPA was super sick today, and he still found a way to get out and detect with the passion. :thumbsup:

Well, to make a long metal datecting story short, I excavated a pewter spoon handle and an 1848 Braided Hair largie. The largie was next to a piece of iron, so I couldn't pinpoint it without getting some kind of interference. It was 5 inches deep, folks!

On the way home, Colonial KirkPA started yacking into a plastic bag...yacking like a super sick gibbon on a drive home from the zoo. :D :D :D Well, Colonial KirkPA decided to yack out the window one time, but instead of it landing on the super historic highway, it landed on the car windaws (windows) and my Colonial-seeking jib. :D :D :D Yes, folks, once that spew hit my jib, I started cussing like a drunken sailor. I told him, "Boy, if I were able to, I would knock your jib into next week." :D :D

Overall, we had a great day out in the field, and we had some experiences that we'll never forget for our entire Colonial-seeking lives.

I hope everyone else is having a great 2008 season as well! :thumbsup:

Kyle

1848001.jpg

1848005.jpg

Upvote 0

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Braided Hair Large cent was a good find and in great condition.
Does Kirk have a weak stomach. A friend of mine has and if you blew
snot in your hand and showed it to him he would puke. If someone else puked so would he. I had him pukeing from the peak of a roof,
over a bridge and sometimes right after steak and eggs. Have some fun.

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
rodgerdodger said:
The Braided Hair Large cent was a good find and in great condition.
Does Kirk have a weak stomach. A friend of mine has and if you blew
snot in your hand and showed it to him he would puke. If someone else puked so would he. I had him pukeing from the peak of a roof,
over a bridge and sometimes right after steak and eggs. Have some fun.

He is just a weak boy all around. OOOOF :D

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Golden1 said:
Very nice find Kyle! Congrats :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, Golden1.

I hope to post some Colonial artifacts on Saturday night.

Kyle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread