What's new

Brass block??

Hvactech19

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2019
Messages
257
Reaction score
1,779
Golden Thread
0
Location
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Predator 3, AT MAX, EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what this might be???

My uncle guessed part of an engine bearing or something.....

Pretty sure it's brass/bronze

Found at site where I've found 18th century buttons

I don't think it's for a motor..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200318_193058864.webp
    IMG_20200318_193058864.webp
    211.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200318_192903138.webp
    IMG_20200318_192903138.webp
    180.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20200318_192941217.webp
    IMG_20200318_192941217.webp
    168.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20200318_192915555.webp
    IMG_20200318_192915555.webp
    213.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20200308_160100732.webp
    IMG_20200308_160100732.webp
    270.1 KB · Views: 79
I agree with roy2bears if the piece is actually concentric, maybe it is just me or the picture but it looks slightly eccentric. Could you test fit the item to a known circle such as a cup or a can or maybe draw a circle with a compass on a piece of paper?
 
Upvote 0
This IMO is a "sacrificial" block... use to hammer items indirectly.
 
Upvote 0
This IMO is a "sacrificial" block... use to hammer items indirectly.

Kinda what I was thinking with all the random t-shaped dimples and over lapping circles... maybe not it’s original purpose.
 
Upvote 0
Hvac, by looking at an old map or history book of the area (assuming they exist), do you know if there were any factories and/or shops in the area? Reason for asking, is that I found a part of a bearing last year near where an yarn mill was located and knowing what building was once there helped to ID the artifact.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom