✅ SOLVED BRASS BOLT WITH FLOWERY NUT

mburnsgps

Jan 14, 2017
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Invenio Pro, Whites V3i, Nokta Simplex, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these today at an 1800s farm house.

Whites V3i VDI is 53.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
mike

IMG_20170728_192732.jpg

TomPA

Feb 13, 2011
Western PA.
Detector(s) used
F75
AT Pro Gold
Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mike, Providing the size and material (brass) that an item is made of often helps in making an ID. Does the longer piece have a hole in it that is clogged? And I'm assuming that the "top" of the longer item is round? And...were they found together? (does the one piece fit into the other?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like parts to a drawer pull mburnsgps. The flower part is the escutcheon and the hole in the post is where the drawer pull would swivel.

I pulled these piece out of displays to show you how it went together. The escutcheon in this picture is blank. Your bolt also has either iron threads, or the iron nut that was on it rusted away.

IMG_20170728_205725.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mburnsgps

Jan 14, 2017
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Invenio Pro, Whites V3i, Nokta Simplex, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, Providing the size and material (brass) that an item is made of often helps in making an ID. Does the longer piece have a hole in it that is clogged? And I'm assuming that the "top" of the longer item is round? And...were they found together? (does the one piece fit into the other?)

Thanks for the feedback. Here is the additional info you requested.

Bolt item is 1 3/8 inches long
Nut is 1" wide
They were found in the same hole next to each other
Here are additional photos. The top is rounded and under the cap is a cut out that is hollowed out.
hope this is enough
top view.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mburnsgps

Jan 14, 2017
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another pic side view.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mburnsgps

Jan 14, 2017
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like parts to a drawer pull mburnsgps. The flower part is the escutcheon and the hole in the post is where the drawer pull would swivel.

I pulled these piece out of displays to show you how it went together. The escutcheon in this picture is blank. Your bolt also has either iron threads, or the iron nut that was on it rusted away.

View attachment 1477147

Thanks. I think you've got it. Nice job.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread