cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• brasswhatsit.jpg
    brasswhatsit.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 48

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
… I think it looks more like a bib overalls clip…
Fat,that was my first thought.Goes on the strap part that comes over your shoulder and hooks to the stud on the overalls proper to keep your bibs from falling down.Since I,m usually wrong I didn,t post that.Thanks.

Reactions: Fat
Upvote 1
OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so soft, I don't know how it would stay clipped to anything. It would just bend. If it's a suspender or bib clip, it would be the biggest one I've ever found.

Upvote 2

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so soft, I don't know how it would stay clipped to anything. It would just bend. If it's a suspender or bib clip, it would be the biggest one I've ever found.
just a guess on my part,I,ve been wrong a bunch.Fat can maybe help me out,but I believe there would be a piece on the narrow end that would keep it from spreading.Again,I,m guessing.

Reactions: Fat
Upvote 1
OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure looks similar. Mine must have a missing piece off the end to hold it together. Sure is some weak metal for a suspender clip.....probably why it broke!

Upvote 2

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
It sure looks similar. Mine must have a missing piece off the end to hold it together. Sure is some weak metal for a suspender clip.....probably why it broke!
..I’d bet the cloth part was completely worn out, thrown away and survived a fire along the way.
I’m not afraid to admit that I have worn bibs my whole life. My grandpa said he did because that’s all there was, I do because they are the most comfortable. No plumbers crack, no pot gut hanging out nobody wants to see, lots of pockets, easy access, Imcould go on and on...

Upvote 2

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a bib overalls clip, they have replacement clips at Joann fabric and craft stores, I have replaced many of them.where the opening is there is a small folded metal piece that would have closed the loop and that piece breaks easily. I solved that by folding a penny over and squeezing it shut to close the loop.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread