Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this and it was all folded up. I worked this back to flat a cleaned it. While cleaning I noticed it had a partial manufacturer name and date on it. Help me fill in the blanks.
AW Brink_____S on the first line. Corn husk__ on the second line and Pat sep 21, on the third. Has anyone seen one of these?

IMG_20200812_172215449~2.jpg

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red Coat. The sep 21 I was seeing must be sep 2 1862. Just couldn't see the 862.

You're welcome. As you can see, you haven't so much 'worked it back to flat' as lost its original shape completely. No harm done since it's not a valuable item. I've done it too on what I thought were distorted pieces of metal... only to find they were supposed to be that shape.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was folded three ways. In seeing the original shape of it, I can understand why it was crushed the way it was. On these junk bits of metal I do like to work them and see what I can do without breaking them. I will try to to return it to it's original shape to see if the material will break or not and what techniques it will take to get the correct shape.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread