What's new

brass hinges? If so, to what?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These two brass items are numbered 1654 and 1655. They are not identical as you can see in the pictures. One is 3 7/8" long, the other is 4 3/8" long.

I suspect they are hinges, but to what? Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0320.webp
    DSCN0320.webp
    20 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCN0322.webp
    DSCN0322.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 259

Attachments

  • toilet hinges.webp
    toilet hinges.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0
Big Cy, these things are a bit too heavy for that application I do believe...but anything is possible. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Big Cy, these things are a bit too heavy for that application I do believe...but anything is possible. :dontknow:
Im not familiar with the old Thomas Crappers but I would imagine they were heavier duty than todays toilet seats. I cant say for sure but the shape sure matches and they are often found at old homesites..
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,357298.msg2561747.html#msg2561747

toilet_hinge_2.webp

Check out this thread. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,332659.0.html "It is cast brass and says KBC 4365 on one part and each part has a successive number".
 

Attachments

  • toilet_hinge_2.webp
    toilet_hinge_2.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
I respect your opinion , so I will go with your ID. Consider it solved! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
I respect your opinion , so I will go with your ID. Consider it solved! :thumbsup:
Any other opinions are welcome, of course. ;D I could be wrong. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Hinges for a toilet seat is reasonable and logical.

As a shear guess, they could be hinges to a seat for pull behind farm equipment too.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom