What's new

Brass or copper with desighns

peanut

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what this is? I found it today with some civil war stuff. It looks like part of a trigger guard off of a rifle.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2001.webp
    100_2001.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_2001.webp
    100_2001.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 183
I believe you are right. Maybe the back part of one.

DANGLANGLEY

I found an example of the front of one.
 

Attachments

  • front_trigger_guard_musket.webp
    front_trigger_guard_musket.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
A larger picture would help. Furniture hardware is hard to tell from gun hardware. Is it complete?

And I just couldn't resist this. Remember when everybody had VCR machines flashing "12:00" "12:00" "12:00" Seems like we have graduated to cameras that stay stuck in some sort of time warp. That is, yesterday was NOT January 21, 2004. :D

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet, and yes that is a piece of an old musket trigger guard. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Mystery coin
Replies
4
Views
545

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom