What's new

Brass oval thingey??

richm

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in central PA. (Forksville) It's brass I think. very heavy for it's size. Obviously broken off of something. It was about 3" down but in hard rocky soil, so it may have been there longer than the 3" tell me. At first I thought it was a small buckle but the back looks different. Thanks guys...Rich.
 

Attachments

  • 042.webp
    042.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 351
  • 043.webp
    043.webp
    40 KB · Views: 343
  • 044.webp
    044.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 345
  • 045.webp
    045.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 357
Almost appears to have broken off of a sun dial. That's what it looks like to me. But, then again, what do I know :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
Looks like a patchbox cover from a percussion rifle. :icon_thumright:
You beat me to it Lucas again. :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • patchbox toilet bowl.webp
    patchbox toilet bowl.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0
Thats it!! Excellent I.D. Thank you both Lucas and bigcypresshunter! Any idea of the age?? Big green check..Thanks again..Rich
 
Upvote 0
richm said:
Thats it!! Excellent I.D. Thank you both Lucas and bigcypresshunter! Any idea of the age?? Big green check..Thanks again..Rich
I dont know but heres a link with better pics of a Billy Sweger percussion rifle with this type of "toilet bowl" patchbox.. http://www.swegerarms.com/original_guns.htm
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom