brass ring type item with dimpled side outside/smooth inside --2 prongs / 1

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
small item-one piece item -about 2 1/2" long over all--the ring is 1 1/2 in overall wide side to side--the body of the loop is 1/8th inch wide ---the inner hole is 1 inch across---at the bottom of the ring is a 3/4 inch wide spot (small cross bar) from which the feet come from which their are 3 legs two outer one inner--the outer ones are flaired outward and the tips have a inward curve as if they were "bent" inward thus holding or "clamping" something or maybe it was used to "grab" a pot by sliding the rim in between the two sets of legs and by putting the weight to hold it and using it to move it the hot pots---its odd----- but I think I have seen this somewhere long,long ago but where fails me-- the ring seems to be made of cast iron and has no markings of many kind but the dimpling on it-----it was found where many older 1700-1800 era items were---the body is shaped like a ring - the outward facing side has a dimpled type "surface" patten---the inner side is smooth with no pattern at all---the outer side has 2 small legs and there is 1 inner leg (wider and a bit heavier) the inner leg is in the middle---there is a GAP between the inner and outer legs ---as if something (leather maybe---a boot pull of metal?) was put between it and maybe "clamped" between the legs --the outer legs being bent inward and the inner leg outward---and then the ring was used to pull it---any ideas anyone?---will post a photo IF I can get this sorry camera of mine to work (before I beat it with a hammer)---Ivan

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Re: -iron ring type item with dimpled side outside/smooth inside --2 prongs / 1

Try beating the camera with the "thing" if it helps, then it's a hammer.

Daryl ;D

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BioProfessor said:
Try beating the camera with the "thing" if it helps, then it's a hammer.

Daryl ;D

Nice one joker, I was thinking throw it up in the air & catch it & its a ball ???

Upvote 0

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used

Hey, Ivan's the one who said he was going to take a hammer to his camera. I figured that if it did the job it must be a hammer. ;D

Daryl

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Try drawing it in paint or powerpoint, it may help us hard of reading :)

Upvote 0

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used

Hey Crusader, you could give it a shot in paint and when a picture arrives, we can see how close you can turn the writing into a picture. ;)

I confess I would not do very well. Any other takers?

Daryl

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

I have killed the vile beast camera it die the slow and painful death it deserved--- my new "camera" is currently taking photos of a returned class ring---photos will be forthcoming--Ivan

Upvote 0

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana

Sorry, I would love to help you but I am a baby of the 70's, to much Pot. I have to have a picture to go along with that discription. I have owned and operated 3 different businesses and you totally lost me. I guess I need to go back to school. LOL I am not making fun of you but me. Mary ann (I just have to much fun with this site)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

we're all "photo heads" round here---its not cast iron--however I found out---mag will not stick to it---odd darkly stained brass ?---hummmm---Ivan

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It's for holding a funnel on the side of a pot or pan.

I was able to fashion this from his discription.

ezekiel.jpg

That, or the thing Ezekiel saw

5 Also in the center of it were the figures of four living creatures. And this [was] their appearance; they each had the likeness of a man. 6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. 7 And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the color of burnished bronze. 8 And [they had] the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. 9 Their wings [were] joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. 10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. 11 Thus [were] their faces: and their wings [were] stretched upward; two [wings] of every one [were] joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.

Upvote 0

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used

Hey, I've got one just like it. Never knew what it was.

Thanks for the ID.

Daryl

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread