What's new

Brass Something or other

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy found this solid brass object last weekend. It is 2 1/2"s long, about 5/8" outside diameter and is threaded about 1/2" into the barrel. It is marked on the upper barrel "MICHELIN" and under that is _ _ _ NJ USA. On the remaining lip are some more numbers and letters that I can't quite make out. Looks like DEE 888 0. I didn't notice the Michelin marks until after I downloaded these pictures.
I figure being marked Michelin it is probably tire related but how old and what exactly is it?
 

Attachments

  • Brass 1.webp
    Brass 1.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 943
  • Brass 2.webp
    Brass 2.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 932
  • Brass 3.webp
    Brass 3.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 981
Antique automobile tire valve-stem cover. Similar to a Model-T Ford's, but a bit later time-period.
 
Upvote 0
TheCannonballGuy said:
Antique automobile tire valve-stem cover. Similar to a Model-T Ford's, but a bit later time-period.

:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I found something like that this weekend but can't remember what I did with it. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
GaRebel1861 said:
I found something like that this weekend but can't remember what I did with it. :tongue3:
If you can't find it let me know and I will give you this one. ;D
 
Upvote 0
this is a shot in the dark---- stopper from the hydraulic suspension of a citreon.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom