What's new

Brass Tag

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
806
Golden Thread
2
Location
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any info would be great thanks
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 234
probably luggage tag from old steamer train 1837
Tonawanda Railroad opens, connecting Rochester with Tonawanda to the west. First three locomotives brought to Rochester by canal.
 
Upvote 0
I found records of the "Steamer Rochester" from the 1830s to a boat that was sunk off the Irish coast in 1917 by German torpedoes. Here is a circa early 1900s postcard-

card00044_fr.jpg
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I see you guys are running into the same thing I did. Records and newspaper accounts say it was sunk in 1917, while there are ads showing it still cruising in 1918. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I wonder if it might have been attached to a cabin key -like this

407059844_tp.jpg
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED USMC dog tag
Replies
7
Views
579
Replies
4
Views
619

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom