SEANO
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Sep 16, 2010
- Messages
- 496
- Reaction score
- 55
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- New England
- Detector(s) used
- Sold them all.




bigcypresshunter said:I have something similar and have been trying to positively ID it for years. All I can say is that I believe its for some kind of wax candle and it somehow gets pushed up as it is used. Mine has a wick in the wax end. If I can ever find it, Ill post it. Mine also has a base with 2 dolphin looking creatures. You are missing the base.

Yes mine sits into a removable base. I wish I knew what it was. The strangest thing. Some kind of mechanical candle. I even found an extra stem. Sping inside. They are in my warehouse somewhere or I tossed them. Not sure. I believe its a candle becvause mine had a wick still embedded in the wax.SEANO said:bigcypresshunter said:I have something similar and have been trying to positively ID it for years. All I can say is that I believe its for some kind of wax candle and it somehow gets pushed up as it is used. Mine has a wick in the wax end. If I can ever find it, Ill post it. Mine also has a base with 2 dolphin looking creatures. You are missing the base.
Wax on it for sure. Has to be old, judging by all the stuff that came with it the lot I bought. Like to sell it, but hard to if I can't figure it out. Does have a spring type piece inside that seems to be used to push something up (a candle). May be going to the brass bucket, especially if its missing a part
Thanks everyone!!!
Thats it thanks taz. I never did find mine. Its packed away. That explains the melted wax.taz42o said:Those are spring loaded candle holders to maintain flame height while burning.
http://www.skinnerinc.com/asp/fullCataloguese.asp?salelot=2538B++++246+&refno=++889902
Mine has a large spring that puts constant pressure on the wax as the wick burns down.. You can see the wax in the second pic. It needs refilled and the spring compressed.Michaelangelo said:Does it have a slide on the slide for advancing the wick? Reminds me of the end of the lighting pole I used to light candles in church when I was an acolyte.
Wow thats it. Same spring. Thanks. I wonder if mine is worth any money? If I find it, I will post a pic. Mine had 2 sea creatures on the base but I think I sold it for 5 bucks.GpSnoopy said:Nice to get an ID for the older postings.
Searching Spring Loaded Candlesticks gets quite a few hits. They came in a variety of shapes and styles.

I thought you were just really hard to convince.dozer dan said:Oooooooooops,
I've been away from the computer all week and guess I should have taken the time to read the complete posting with pictures before chiming in with ideas.
In my defense, you can't blame a guy for being excited and in a hurry for being back to Tnet.
![]()