I found this solid brass crimping tool in a field along the railroad tracks near an old turn of the century house. I found a few CW bullets and a 1923 buffalo nickel in the field the day before. Is this a lead seal press? ( I have found dozens of lead seals in this town in fields along the tracks) or is it something else?...the lower jaw has grooves that form an "X" as if to acommodate wire or something.The upper jaw appears to be smooth and slightly narrower in width. Lower handle is threaded and the handles have a nub on both sides as if there used to be a spring between them. The jaws are turned to the left. There are several hack marks on this tool as if it has been hit with a knife or other sharp cutting object...anyone know what it is or was used for?







