What's new

Brass whats it?

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
1,909
Reaction score
785
Golden Thread
0
Location
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just that what is this :dontknow:
Thanks, Broken Knee
 

Attachments

  • brass whatisit 020.webp
    brass whatisit 020.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 512
  • brass whatisit 015.webp
    brass whatisit 015.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 505
  • brass whatisit 016.webp
    brass whatisit 016.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 500
Re: Brass whatsit?

Interesting piece BK. Is that indentation on both sides so that it might serve as a pivot point ?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

Roman Brooch :laughing9: :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

Jeff H said:
Interesting piece BK. Is that indentation on both sides so that it might serve as a pivot point ?
Jeff, It is a hole clean through and slightly elongated from wear most likely.
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

shaun7 said:
Roman Brooch :laughing9: :icon_scratch:
Shaun, It wouldn't surprise me with some of the finds I have had. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

Broken knee said:
shaun7 said:
Roman Brooch :laughing9: :icon_scratch:
Shaun, It wouldn't surprise me with some of the finds I have had. :laughing7:



Me neither! Looks like one.......can't be :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

Looks like a pivoting handle. Like you see on trailers when you attach the trucks ball to the trailer hitch.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

relichunters said:
Looks like a pivoting handle. Like you see on trailers when you attach the trucks ball to the trailer hitch.
relichunter, those are made of steal not brass.
BK
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

The very first thing that came to mind is the arm of an early sprinkler head.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

It appears to be a thumb latch to a door handle.

Due to it's small size maybe to a closet or cabinet. :dontknow:

Similar to the ones pictured below.
alatch.webp

Another...
1latch.webp

GG~
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

I think GoodGuy nailed it BK. That's what I was thinking anyway, when I asked if that was a hole for a pivot point. Though I would be happy for you if it was a Roman Brooch !
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

Jeff H said:
I think GoodGuy nailed it BK. That's what I was thinking anyway, when I asked if that was a hole for a pivot point. Though I would be happy for you if it was a Roman Brooch !
I don't think that is it, close though. If this was to pass through a door it would need to be longer. :icon_scratch:
BK
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

Broken knee said:
I don't think that is it, close though. If this was to pass through a door it would need to be longer. :icon_scratch:
BK

I agree. Also the thumb rest appears to be too curved and too narrow as well.

It sure looks familiar though.

GG~
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass whatsit?

bradyboy said:
A finger pedal for a musiic instrument
Brady
Bradyboy, Do you have a pic of what you think it is?
BK
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom