What's new

Breaking Routine

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately I've been hunting some sections of beach that I just don't hunt all that much, more like, "very seldom hunt". I've been hunting these sections of beach for a couple of reasons, the least of which being that my usual winter haunts are still fairly well sanded in. But here's something I've noticed on recent hunts...."I'm hunting these less familiar beaches much differently VS hunting my usual haunts." I suppose it's because I know what to expect from my usual haunts, but these other stretches of beach aren't near as familiar to me so I'm hunting them much slower and I'm digging and inspecting nearly everything, even most of that small iron surface crap. If I were in my usual haunts I'd be passing on most all of it. I guess I'm just trying to learn all I can about these less frequented beaches without really putting forth a conscience effort to do so as it's sort of just happening that way. Or maybe it's the uncertainty surrounding these beaches that is causing a bit more anticipation, adventure, mystery and excitement to the hunt. Whatever the reason I have to admit that I like it. So, maybe breaking away from the usual routine sometimes is a good thing. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I hear ya... The best find of the day is nice... LOL
 
Post it!
Talk about breaking routine I left the beach all together yesterday and hiked about 3 miles through sugar sand to and early 19 hundreds settlement area that no longer exists
 
Just got it all cleaned up as it was pretty crusty and "rusty". We knew it wasn't anything old, but the weird thing was that it was a complete null all the way into the pouch, and still is even after cleaning. I figured it was just some type of a cheap modern token, but nope, it's actually a coin from the Czech Republic, or what is now The Republic of Ceska/Koruna. Talk about cheap coins! :laughing7: You can see in the photo where the steel has been invaded and I have no idea what it is plated with that gives it the shiny look?
c1.webpc2.webp
 
Last edited:
Ha! I love finding oddball things like that.
Zinc plated steel?... What's the date on it?
 
It reminds me of a 43 wheat penny I found (steel)
 
That's cool. You always wonder how the heck it got there. Last week I found a Russian rouble. Worth .03 American!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom