What's new

Bringing my Nox 800 through customs in Moscow. No problem?

cafare52

Greenie
Joined
Dec 5, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will they give me a hard time? I am an American working in Tatarstan with all the appropriate visas.

How do you reckon I should pack it? Is it possible they would try to seize my machine?

Any advice would be appreciated.

-FC
 
Don't know about getting your detector there but what are their laws / rules about detecting and bringing items back?
 
The rules are you can't take anything historic- pre 1913. And you can't hunt anywhere historic. But you can hunt and find gold (which they have) and silver (which they have). I work here and plan on doing everything above board. But it is Russia and things are a bit wonky I've learned in the six months I've been here. So even though they sell them here I don't want to get get hassled at the border.

So, I'm looking for local encouragement.

Because it is something relatively unknown in these parts compared to back home and I'm getting different answers from different people in my area here.
 
Send it in pieces lol
 
or just bring your pin pointer
 
Be glad you live in the US
 
and all our freedom
 
Im done now lol
 
you can send your detector with a parcel and get it here in Russia, probably this is the best way, but that you can’t hand it in your plane with your luggage?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom