What's new

brinks silver halfs

jonhls

Full Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
210
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hmmmmm I still get occasional silver in my brinks boxes but it makes a guy wonder where they got all the silver halfs.An earlier article said that there was 50,000 in halfs.Im in ohio not that far from colmubus so that might explain why most of my boxes stink.Maybe it was a skid that has been sitting there since the 60's but that doesn't seem possible either http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/02/08/story_cow_brinks.html. heres the link.If that does work its the feature artice on coinflation today. hh jon
 
Upvote 0
I don't think they are 40% or 90% silver. I think they are using silver as a color just like they used gold and silver to describe the SBA and Sac dollars.

The reason for the low amount of silver in Ohio could be due to Jackson Metals.

HH
65GT350
 
I was wondering if thats what they were refering to as well .I agree jackson metals hurt us a bunch around here.Speaking of them,I wonder if the copper melt ban will get lifted with the dems in office.Also kinda wondering if now they might stop producing pennies,after all the new lincoln designs are produced of course.Does anyone know when the first design is supposed to come out..hh jon
 
jonhls said:
I was wondering if thats what they were refering to as well .I agree jackson metals hurt us a bunch around here.Speaking of them,I wonder if the copper melt ban will get lifted with the dems in office.Also kinda wondering if now they might stop producing pennies,after all the new lincoln designs are produced of course.Does anyone know when the first design is supposed to come out..hh jon

I think the first one gets released on his birthday.

65GT350
 
I found 4 silvers in my brinks box today, which I'll post more on later...great day!!!! 2 WL, 1 BF and 1 40%. 1 Whole brinks unopened box in the car, we'll see what it yields.

As for the cent issue, if we completely get rid of cents will that mean cents are now called nickels with it being the lowest denomination? so a quarter would be called 5 nickels, a dime 2 nickels...etc.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom