Brinks?

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the Brinks boxes that I get are taped closed. I think they come that way from the tellers that package them at Brinks. Good thing about Brinks boxes, although they don't always produce, is that you can search the whole box in like four minutes because of the clear plastic tubes. On Brinks boxes, try to notice the teller stamp across the top. The stamps are usually just names like: "Alice" or "Dudley" with a date. I have noticed that if you find an "Alice" box, it will produce better results. "Dudley" boxes usually do end up in fact being duds, but they will still have a silver dime every once in a while. :-) My Brinks box average on dimes is probably around .90 dimes per box. I like going through dimes as it was the first silver denomination I started hunting.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have heard brinks aren't good for dimes. They have plastic wrappers so its easy to edge check. I have found prob 8 war nickels and 3 buffs though.

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
All of the Brinks boxes that I get are taped closed. I think they come that way from the tellers that package them at Brinks. Good thing about Brinks boxes, although they don't always produce, is that you can search the whole box in like four minutes because of the clear plastic tubes. On Brinks boxes, try to notice the teller stamp across the top. The stamps are usually just names like: "Alice" or "Dudley" with a date. I have noticed that if you find an "Alice" box, it will produce better results. "Dudley" boxes usually do end up in fact being duds, but they will still have a silver dime every once in a while. :-) My Brinks box average on dimes is probably around .90 dimes per box. I like going through dimes as it was the first silver denomination I started hunting.

Thanks for the info! and You know that's a plus! If you're gonna get skunked, it might as well be clear rolls.. Saves a ton on time.. They are SO much easier to get rid of also!! Wells Fargo told me today that they are only accepting 100$ cwr at a time now!!! WHAT?!! But I'm still not giving up on good ol' Loomis..

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm gonna get my first few boxes Thrusday. Hope I get Alice.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my brinks boxes are seldomly stamped, and when they are, it's usually the date of packaging and the machine number... ex:
January 3, 2010
machine #5067

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i've been skunked on brinks so far, 0 for 2. going 3/2 with one mercury dime on nf string from chase bank though.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most Brinks nickel box I get are not bad if you are looking for War Nickels.
I do not like them for dimes but occasionally someone post a really nice fine from Brinks rolls

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA....... dudley and Alice are real names to. I hate brinks dime boxes I dont even mess with them anymore. Around here brinks doesnt have the names or dates on halves just the nickels and dimes, not sure about cents, dont remember.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread