Brinks?

All of the Brinks boxes that I get are taped closed. I think they come that way from the tellers that package them at Brinks. Good thing about Brinks boxes, although they don't always produce, is that you can search the whole box in like four minutes because of the clear plastic tubes. On Brinks boxes, try to notice the teller stamp across the top. The stamps are usually just names like: "Alice" or "Dudley" with a date. I have noticed that if you find an "Alice" box, it will produce better results. "Dudley" boxes usually do end up in fact being duds, but they will still have a silver dime every once in a while. :-) My Brinks box average on dimes is probably around .90 dimes per box. I like going through dimes as it was the first silver denomination I started hunting.

From what I have heard brinks aren't good for dimes. They have plastic wrappers so its easy to edge check. I have found prob 8 war nickels and 3 buffs though.

All of the Brinks boxes that I get are taped closed. I think they come that way from the tellers that package them at Brinks. Good thing about Brinks boxes, although they don't always produce, is that you can search the whole box in like four minutes because of the clear plastic tubes. On Brinks boxes, try to notice the teller stamp across the top. The stamps are usually just names like: "Alice" or "Dudley" with a date. I have noticed that if you find an "Alice" box, it will produce better results. "Dudley" boxes usually do end up in fact being duds, but they will still have a silver dime every once in a while. :-) My Brinks box average on dimes is probably around .90 dimes per box. I like going through dimes as it was the first silver denomination I started hunting.

Thanks for the info! and You know that's a plus! If you're gonna get skunked, it might as well be clear rolls.. Saves a ton on time.. They are SO much easier to get rid of also!! Wells Fargo told me today that they are only accepting 100$ cwr at a time now!!! WHAT?!! But I'm still not giving up on good ol' Loomis..

Well, I'm gonna get my first few boxes Thrusday. Hope I get Alice.

my brinks boxes are seldomly stamped, and when they are, it's usually the date of packaging and the machine number... ex:
January 3, 2010
machine #5067

i've been skunked on brinks so far, 0 for 2. going 3/2 with one mercury dime on nf string from chase bank though.

Most Brinks nickel box I get are not bad if you are looking for War Nickels.
I do not like them for dimes but occasionally someone post a really nice fine from Brinks rolls

HA....... dudley and Alice are real names to. I hate brinks dime boxes I dont even mess with them anymore. Around here brinks doesnt have the names or dates on halves just the nickels and dimes, not sure about cents, dont remember.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back