What's new

✅ SOLVED British Flat Button ?

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I found this yesterday in an old yard, it's about 7/8" wide and is solid (not a 2-part button). Shaft/loop is gone, feels like lead (has some weight to it). Any ID help welcome.

Thanks,
Nat
 

Attachments

  • 91512243_2963590887040436_104095988481785856_n.webp
    91512243_2963590887040436_104095988481785856_n.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 91568545_2963592930373565_6483486659273818112_n.webp
    91568545_2963592930373565_6483486659273818112_n.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
It looks pewter, that would make it purdy darn old. Thats a big button, almost like a rosette or something bridal
 
Upvote 0
It looks pewter, that would make it purdy darn old. Thats a big button, almost like a rosette or something bridal

Sorry it's 7/8" wide, I corrected it...my mistake.
 
Upvote 0
I'm sorry Natman, but based on how the metal is breaking down and the casting style, it looks to be early 20thc 'modern' to me. :icon_scratch:

I hate to generalize your find as a 'Blazer button', hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but that's what I'm seeing.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
thanks guys
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom