What's new

✅ SOLVED I got a whatzit finally !

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
5,322
Golden Thread
2
Location
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went out for a little while and dug this( and only this,haha) under a tree root. There is pottery, old glass bottle bits strewn about and old square nails as well but unfortunately I haven’t used my detector, just pinpointed stuff under old scrap trees that are on the property. I had previously found two very old 1840’s buttons literally on top of the ground under trees.

0AE9B2CF-FE84-4D88-B2C0-7A0FA0C8317F.webp
 
Looks like a gasket seal I guess it would depend on what its made of. gotta try to turn your whatzit into a thatzit
 
Upvote 0
Some sort of bandoleer buckle?
 
Upvote 0
What is a bandoleer?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks G.A.P. Metal. I’m thought it was a clock part for some reason.
 
Upvote 0
They nailed it! Horse tack about 100 years old.
 
Upvote 0
What are the actual measurements on this please?
 
Upvote 0
Creskol I am guessing that it is roughly half the width of a pinpointer?
 
Upvote 0
Length, duh.
 
Upvote 0
I found some more ox tack on Etsy. That’s probably what it is then.

A8562C86-13CB-4D4A-841D-FB7B8D04787E.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom