Don in SJ
Silver Member
- Joined
- May 20, 2005
- Messages
- 4,938
- Reaction score
- 859
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- MINELAB SE Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Found this button this morning, and it looks like it will not clean up too good, so wanted to post here before I clean, since it appears the patina is peeling off rather badly around the top part where I think the letters are that would positively ID the button. I am assuming it is War of 1812 era by the looks of the crown, but do not know for sure.
The button is convex, 18.5mm, no backmark, has a bit of gilt left on the backside and has lettering across the top that ends in GIMENT(Regiment) and two script letters below the crown.
Don
The button is convex, 18.5mm, no backmark, has a bit of gilt left on the backside and has lettering across the top that ends in GIMENT(Regiment) and two script letters below the crown.
Don
so good luck. Sometimes they can surprise you but that I think I'd be happy with it as dug.
So I have been using damp cotton qtip and now can read "giment" of regiment, but if it says which regiment on the upper left, I do not believe I will be able to determine that, I can almost see something there, but not definitive.








