Broke - cant hunt, cant pay bills, Ugh!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Broke - can't hunt, can't pay bills, Ugh!

Well finally got my final Chemo under my belt thank God! Now I just have to get through a month of blood work and then go back to work on Jan 12th. Can't wait! Blasted insurance company is giving me hassle between my hysterectomy in June-July and now taking December off after working an Intermediate Leave of absence for the past 4 months (take 1 week off for chemo, work 2 weeks full time rain or shine, another week off, 2 weeks full time, etc), and FMLA and the head HR regional manager is pulling out the big guns because I haven't been paid anything in 3 weeks. Super suckie! Thank Goodness I have a Line of credit loan and I hate to, but I had to pull out 800 bucks to pay 2 credit cards and my mom's phone/internet/TV bill. I am so not selling my silver when its at a pitiful 19 bucks and some odd cents. Worse since I am not working I can't till hunt, can't bank hunt because I have to watch my gas useage and medically too exhausted. So depressing. I curb my urges by going through my silver but that only goes so far. But I am done with Chemo and after 5 years of doc visits if nothing crops up, I will be considered cancer free. Yeah!!

sincerely, GarouLady

Upvote 0
People need to donate some money to Garoulady, she is a charter member. Garou start listing stuff like recipes and even cookies if you want in the for sale section so you can raise money.

Hey GL, sorry you are having such a hard time, hope you stay in remission, My mom has been in remission for 2 and half years now (thyroid cancer), I know it will be a scary 5 years but, modern medicine has come a long way and people beat cancer now more than ever. Try and enjoy the holiday, Merry Christmas! HH, Maverick.

GL,

Hang in there. You impress me with your constant positive attitude. Things will get better.

I hope that the worst is behind you now, take care.

Garou, If you need to talk, I can give you my # or you can message me here. I understand the need for a neutral person to purge to. I will not judge, only listen. This has got to be a rough time. My heart goes out to you, but you seem like a strong woman & for that you have my utmost respect.
A friend, Becca, (Mamabear)

I have an old saying I have made up over the years. 'Things could be better, could be worse. so i will take whatever God gives me.' Right now I am watching Diggers on National Geographic Channel and having a good chuckle at all the stuff they are finding. I would love to do this. Just got my booster shot today and its taking effect in its nasty effect, but this is the last one. Yeah!! I got an extension on my leave of absence to make sure I am ok for work till Jan 12th. If everything goes ok, I want to try and go nickel hunting again. At least those I can go hunting for and not worry about competition around here. I just wish I had a CRHing buddy to go with me to town. That would be neat. Someone not looking to poach off me, but willing to share the fun with. If wishes were horses, I would have a horse reserve by now. LOL.

sincerely, GarouLady

Wish you the best.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back