BROKE INTO THE 19TH CENTURY TODAY!!

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Went out to a construction site and there was a pile of dirt with bricks in it. They had dug up the old brick paver's from the street.
First signal was the 1890 V nickle. I think I may have been so excited I squeezed it to hard, you will notice the flat spots on it. ;)
This is my first 1800's coin. Spent the rest of the morning looking didn't find much else. The small lead ball, any ideas what it may be??
Thanks For looking
Baddog1

Attachments

• new-1.jpg
    new-1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 520
Upvote 0
M

mattjd

The lead ball is a musket ball (old bullet). Nice finds. Matt

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Wow, Congrats Baddog1! TampaPi was telling me about some road tearups a while back, didn't see him out there did ya? Great finds! HH omnicognic 8)

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Omni
I'm sure you've seen this road construction. I-4 and 275.
I went just west of that U-Haul building.
There was a old parking lot that once had a "country home" of one of the cigar company's owners there built in 1885.
I might be going back tomorrow if your interested. Let me know.

Baddog1

F

Floater

I will bet that one of the Masons used that nickel to crack a brick to fit so he didnt screw up his trowel . ;D Nice Fiids That is AWESOME.
HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job, baddog. Constructions site..... I guess ShePete does know what he's/she's talking about. :P

PS I'm glad you changed your avatar again. Mona Lisa can't compete with all that. ;)

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way To Go ..........Congrats on that milestone...........You will soon learn to LOVE those construction sites...............................H.H.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Floater said:
I will bet that one of the Masons used that nickel to crack a brick to fit so he didnt screw up his trowel .? ;D Nice Fiids That is AWESOME.
HH
I got to see this coin in person yesterday, it's really alot nicer than the pic shows! Floater I think you may be correct about the flat sides, it does seem to match that idea.. I am curious why some of the street paver bricks sounded off like coins? Mineral content? Coins inside? I didn't take any because it is illegal. (yes I know of a few folks who built very nice barbeque pits with them) But with my luck, that would be the dumb thing I'd get busted for after all! HH omnicognic 8)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go!
You probably saved it from being lost forever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread