Broke My Spade, Lost My Spray Bottle. Totally Worth It!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Hope the hunting was good for you all.
Went to my usual spot in the woods for a few hours before the Packers miserable loss today :BangHead:
Found some keepers and a few firsts today and last weekend.
Click on pics for more detail.

Here is what i found last week...
Most of a harmonica (my first) and a Gold colored buckle made to look old.
Most likely modern. Still a rush to find. Broke apart when i hit it with the carrot.. oops.

tmd7 013.JPG tmd7 012.JPG
tmd7 004.JPG tmd7 010.JPG

Had a crazy spill signal. At first i thought it was a bunch silver bars (as we all hope to find buried underground) NOPE! Someone left a ton of strange aluminum hardware...in a pile...buried...next to an old dead tree...? Why me?!?

tmd7 007.JPG tmd7 008.JPG

Now to today.

First good signal turned out to be a dozen old keys in one hole. Someone had a bad day a little while back.
Some of the keys were plain. But 3 were detailed and made in my home town. I Love finding local history.
tmd7 036.JPG tmd7 037.JPG
tmd7 038.JPG tmd7 039.JPG

Next keeper was a crucifix from a rosary with a few beads still attached (my first) and it was gold plated at one point.
tmd7 015.JPG tmd7 014.JPG

Kept walking along this small ridge. Found what i believe to be a part of a pocket watch (my first) Silver plated over brass i think.
tmd7 030.JPG tmd7 031.JPG

On the surface was this chrome plated thing. I think its a gas cap door off an old car possibly?
tmd7 017.JPG

Here is where i lost the spray bottle and broke my spade digging a BIKE PUMP in the middle of nowhere 6 inches down! Too frustrated to take pics or carry it with me. Ill grab it when i search for the spray bottle next time.

Another first for me. Silver plated spoon (French Plate on bottom) Very short in length, possibly a baby or tea spoon. I like the fancy on it.
tmd7 024.JPG tmd7 029.JPG
tmd7 027.JPG tmd7 028.JPG

Had an awesome scare when i dug this one. 1930s Cracker Jack Token. Totally thought it was a Barber Quarter when it popped out.
(i know the bust is the other way)
Of course the silver face covered in dirt was the first thing i saw.. Still glad i found it. Maybe more rare than a Barber
tmd7 018.JPG tmd7 020.JPG

Here is the lead and shells for the day. 2 deer slugs. 6 wad cutters. 1 UMC&CO New Club. 1 .22 casing.
tmd7 033.JPG tmd7 034.JPG

Here is the board for the last 2 weeks. Had a lot of fun freezing in the woods :laughing7:
tmd7 041.JPG tmd7 042.JPG

Here is an update on one of the axe heads i found a few weeks ago. This one has been in vinegar for about a week with frequent rubbings with toothbrush.
tmd7 043.JPG tmd7 045.JPG

Sorry about the random attachment :/
Good luck to all and Happy Hunting!
Thanks for looking!
TMD

Attachments

• tmd7 019.JPG
    tmd7 019.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
Upvote 33
Nice finds. I like the cracker jack token. :icon_thumleft:

What a spread of nice finds! Congrats! Like them all but partial to Crackerjack metal toys!!

You ran the whole obstacle course. That ax is 18th century from the looks of it.

You ran the whole obstacle course. That ax is 18th century from the looks of it.

More like running haphazardly through the woods lol. I had no plan other than go to where i haven't been before. I believe you are correct on the axe. Im guessing fur trade era. I have to say its my favorite find this year for sure. I plan to make a handle and bring it back to its former glory.

Funny side note.. My best friend growing up had a cat named Smokey that looked just like the one in your pic.

Congrats on some nice finds.
Always nice to see a Cracker Jack prize.
That hatchet really rocks.
Congratulations

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you a had a fun day detecting. That’s what it’s all about.

Nice collection of finds. I do like finding old keys and those are some neat ones.

That's some fine relics you have here. Sorry about the broken shovel. That's why I am so grateful to have my Beast Predator D95 back. No way in HELL any man can break that thing. Love the old Cracker Jack token. It may be rarer than a common Barber coin too. Nice post. Sorry about your packers. Half the Bears team was carted off the field today so don't feel too bad.:laughing9:

That's some fine relics you have here. Sorry about the broken shovel. That's why I am so grateful to have my Beast Predator D95 back. No way in HELL any man can break that thing. Love the old Cracker Jack token. It may be rarer than a common Barber coin too. Nice post. Sorry about your packers. Half the Bears team was carted off the field today so don't feel too bad.:laughing9:

Thanks Kurious. Not so bummed about the shovel..it was my hand spade i found while hunting once. Ill make a new handle for it and mod it to be like your Predator D95. MY Goodness thats a mean looking tool..Yeah we've been droping like flies all season long...dont like it one bit :sadsmiley:

Last edited:
Cracker Jack and keys...SWEET!

I love all those finds, cool beans!

Congrats on some nice finds. I like those older keys, and the Cracker Jack token.

I feel you on the packers loss. Sure wish Rodgers was out there! It got to painful to watch after the third quarter so thats when I went detecting. Nice finds by the way

I feel you on the packers loss. Sure wish Rodgers was out there! It got to painful to watch after the third quarter so thats when I went detecting. Nice finds by the way

Yeah same here. Our first drive was good untill the interception :( Adams had some good catches.
If i knew it was going to be that bad i would have stayed out a bit longer.

AWESOME FINDS!

5598F5C5-0F5E-47D7-BD44-46F90F3CF23F.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back