Brother Jonathon memories

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They found approximately 25% of the treasure and the rest is still laying in the deep. While they where up there they should have pursued the wreck of the Northerner that went down just to the south and was the sister ship and its treasure never recovered. Approximately 50 gold coils have washed up and been found from that wreck on the Centerville beach.

Thats a great coin, I would keep if for life.
to be clear, I was inquiring about coins on the Northerner. I have found no mention o them. Did you say you found one on the beach?

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
to be clear, I was inquiring about coins on the Northerner. I have found no mention o them. Did you say you found one on the beach?
There are a couple local guys that have done stupid good after storms.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Doreen Sutton. My Father Barry Sutton was a huge part of the salvaging of the Brother Jonathon. I regret to say he passed away this year Jan 25th at sisters house in Bullhead City AZ. My mother also passed Dec 29th. I was told yrs ago that I would receive a 1865 Gold Double Eagle Coin when he passed away which i have now. I am so proud to have this. It means the world to me.
welcome from Ohio

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Doreen Sutton. My Father Barry Sutton was a huge part of the salvaging of the Brother Jonathon. I regret to say he passed away this year Jan 25th at sisters house in Bullhead City AZ. My mother also passed Dec 29th. I was told yrs ago that I would receive a 1865 Gold Double Eagle Coin when he passed away which i have now. I am so proud to have this. It means the world to me.
Doreen.....are you still there?
bob in san diego

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doreen, are you still following this thread?

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a couple local guys that have done stupid good after storms.
Burl,
Do you know where the ship sank relative to the location of the cross? If I get a chance to MD the beach it would be good info and I could not find any mention of a recovery attempt. What did they carry the gold dust in, anyway. Would it have survived?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...My Father Barry Sutton...passed away this year...
tn_md.gif
Sorry about your loss. Welcome Aboard!

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Treasure Net from northern Alabama! Sorry for your loss! Good luck to you in all your outings!

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doreen, I hope you are still following. I am planning a search of the BJ area later this year with an ROV.
Did you Dad leave any drawings or anything that might be of help to me?

Bob
San Diego

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread