What's new

Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
1,265
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

Yup, thats right, little brother got his first spanish silver today with a nice 1781 half reale. Jim found the most outstanding 1876 Seated liberty quarter. His first seated coin. (I found a 1926 buffalo nickel and a 1950 Rossie). Jim came up with two (thats right 2) Canada Militia buttonsand a nice horse button, and Rick got a beautiful colonial button, (the little button on the right is mine).
Rick got two great old colonial keg taps and I found a really nice small brass lock.
Together we found some great little jewelry items and doodads. It was a fantastic day and was an unplanned spot to detect. I ran into the owner at the post office this morning and asked him if it would be ok and he said sure. He even came over to see how we were doing.
We will be heading back there in the morning for a while before we go hit another spot. Thanks for looking...Lance
 

Attachments

  • Spring hunt 2006 199.webp
    Spring hunt 2006 199.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 487
  • Spring hunt 2006 211.webp
    Spring hunt 2006 211.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 480
  • Spring hunt 2006 215.webp
    Spring hunt 2006 215.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 476
Upvote 0
Re: Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

Great digs, looks like your on to something there :)

I noticed the one item you found, I have found close to 30 of the same in an area that I detect. Any idead what it is? I've been told they are curtain weights, dress weights and buttons by different people. Id like to know for sure what they are.
lead.jpg


Thanks & HH, Jer


 
Re: Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

nice recoverys. i found a few reales last summer at my brothers house in virgina hunting for drop minnie balls and frags. nice! congrats to all-! :)
 
Re: Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

LANCE, Great Finds, You Guys Are Cleaning Up, Congrats, Great Hunting. trk5capt...
 

Attachments

  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 132.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 132.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 207
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 132.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 132.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 208
Re: Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

WoW! :o Look at ya'll go!! :o

Simply amazing! Glad to see you are having an awesome week! But then again....we all knew you would! ;)

Keep 'em comin!

Nan ;)
 
Re: Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

I don't know if you can beat a day like that, Lance, but I bet you are going to try! ;)

Good luck on Day 6!
 
Re: Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

You guys are doing great! Nice pieces of silver, that's one beautiful Seated!

Congrats!
Chris
 
Re: Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

Thanks for the great post and pics! keep up the good work!
 
Re: Brothers & Others Hunt Day 5 - Reale-y good day!!

WOW! Nice haul for one day! Congrats on the great finds!
Vern
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom