"Buck" W. T. Wright... Sentinel?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"BUCK" Wright, Mountain Man "par excellence"; MYSTERY MAN of Upper Goose Creek Valley in Bedford County, Va. NORTH of Montvale/Buford's of the Beale PAPERS, was he REALLY Frank James, doing a "Tour of Duty" watching over the "Beale Treasure"/CSA Treasury (VIRGINIA "portion"), near Smyra, Va. (Ghost-Town, now)? Thought to be buried in Charlottesville, Va. (couldn't find his "grave-site"); MAY be buried in Brunswick County, Va. "Cemeteries of Brunswick County, Virginia: BUCK Wright Family Cemetery" @ http://www.brunswickcemeteries.org/HTML/wright_2.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Here is a photo of Buck Wright Mountain Man If this is Frank James he sure left his family for a slowed down life. View attachment 1158885

Do you see his little dog Tippy behind him?

YEP! That is "BUCK"; on the OLD Turnpike from the BRP down to Fincastle, Va. with his bag of Chestnuts (on his donkey). I have seen ANOTHER "pic" of BW in front of the warehouse in Fincastle, with his umbrella UP! COULD be a "pic-code"... NOW! Look at "pics" of Frank James (NO white beard), with white "thinning" hair; UNCANNY! "Buck" was Sentinel for Thomas Jefferson Nat'l Forest "area"; "Bear" was Sentinel for George Washington Nat'l Forest "area"

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You are correct. The doctor that attended to Buck Wright said he had knife and gunshot wounds consistent with the wounds of Frank James. Wonder what Frank did in the later part of his life. I mean after the kids grown up and and his wife maybe passed away did he actually die somewhere else or is Buck W.T. Wright really Frank James. He stayed the Winter of 1881 and four months of 1882 in Lynchburg, Va so he knew the area quite well. Maybe Buck really was Frank James. Don't know?

Well, R & I also indicate that Frank James (as James Warren) was in the Inner Circle/on the SECRET Committee that met at the Arlington Hotel in 1882 to "hash out" the Beale PAPERS (to be released in 1885); Frank/James & family were living in a house near 5th St. & Arlington Hotel when his brother was "murdered" out WEST. Doing more R & I; "BUCK" may be kin to Harry Wright in Bedford county, Va. PV stated that Harry WAS considered a finder & boogied to Mexico City. Harry's family was ALREADY considered VERY WEALTHY. Family owned a STEEL company in Mexico... MY guess is that as CONFEDERADOS, they created a STEEL Comnpany with CSA "funds"... CONCLAVES of CSA REBELS/OUTLAWS were in the area of Mexico City; they could read/write in SPANISH!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You are correct. The doctor that attended to Buck Wright said he had knife and gunshot wounds consistent with the wounds of Frank James. Wonder what Frank did in the later part of his life. I mean after the kids grown up and and his wife maybe passed away did he actually die somewhere else or is Buck W.T. Wright really Frank James. He stayed the Winter of 1881 and four months of 1882 in Lynchburg, Va so he knew the area quite well. Maybe Buck really was Frank James. Don't know?

And he ALSO told the Doc that he ("BUCK") was in the Cole/Younger Gang... BOTH Jesse & Frank WERE!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
PREVIOUS R & I indicated that Frank & Jesse had kin (James & Dalton) in the southwestern part of Bedford County, Va. near Roanoke County, Va. They came up to "play" there when they were younger; YES, they knew the area. In fact, legends indicate that Jesse later buried KGC "treasure" on MILL MOUNTAIN in Roanoke County; MAY be closer to BRP.... ALL FED-LAND! HA!
BTW, what IS interesting, is that the FED BRP SOUTH goes into the "Flat-lands" of Roanoke County... meanwhile, there are HUGE mountains (Range), looming to your left, THEN! You go
up Mill Mountain... near the "lighted" STAR of Roanoke County/City. Hmmm... FIVE POINTED STAR! WHAT is the SYMBOLISM...?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, R & I also indicate that Frank James (as James Warren) was in the Inner Circle/on the SECRET Committee that met at the Arlington Hotel in 1882 to "hash out" the Beale PAPERS (to be released in 1885); Frank/James & family were living in a house near 5th St. & Arlington Hotel when his brother was "murdered" out WEST. Doing more R & I; "BUCK" may be kin to Harry Wright in Bedford county, Va. PV stated that Harry WAS considered a finder & boogied to Mexico City. Harry's family was ALREADY considered VERY WEALTHY. Family owned a STEEL company in Mexico... MY guess is that as CONFEDERADOS, they created a STEEL & COPPER Company with CSA "funds"... CONCLAVES of CSA REBELS/OUTLAWS were in the area of Mexico City; they could read/write in SPANISH!

PV wrote about Harry Wright's family in his first two books on the "BT"... Father: George; Mother: Betty; MANY Sibs.
Steel & Copper Comp. in Mexico: La Consolidada, S.A.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
By the way Rebel KGC, The man's house where Jesse and Frank James stayed in 1879 passed away in 1860 and his mother was a Dalton.

THERE you go! If ya can... look around THAT house (land); MAY HAVE BEEN of good "use", later... HH! Good Luck! Look for "Signs"...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have a photograph of the house in 1825 and later time but the house is not there now. The other photograph is newer and it has writings around the shed and the gable on the house. It speaks of millions. Also this man's son was the largest landowner in the county. I have a photograph of him and his wife. He has his left hand lying across his chest. There is writing on his hand talking about "The Last Day" and again millions in dollars. One day I will recover one of these treasures. As a matter of fact I am going to recover a lot of these treasures.

GREAT! HH! GOOD LUCK! "His left hand lying across his chest"; GREAT KGC "signs"! Leaving the RIGHT hand "free" to "draw" weapon & shoot, if necessary. ALSO a "SIGN" in Masonry, I think...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THERE you go! If ya can... look around THAT house (land); MAY HAVE BEEN of good "use", later... HH! Good Luck! Look for "Signs"...
"Speaking" of DALTON... my wife is from the Dalton Clan; Heh. :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"BUCK" W.T. Wright, 7/31/1853 - 8/25/1923... "pic" of our W.T. "BUCK Wright is in the BUILDING THE BLUE RIDGE book; HA! THAT "project" was during "THE DEPRESSION" (1930's); can't be the same guy... BUT! Frank James DID use other people's name, like JJ... SO! MORE R & I!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, the "pics" of W.T. "BUCK" Wright in the 30's MUST have been Frank James, then; the OTHER "BUCK" W.T. Wright was dead in 1923 & buried... (Brunswick County, "Post" # 1).

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
But then... maybe NOT! Alexander Franklin "Frank" James: 1/10/1843-2/18/1915; DANG! WHEN were those "pics" taken...?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Funeral in Ch'ville, Va. in 1918...? Yet, "pic" of "Buck" during the building of the BRP in the 30's; hmmm...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THAT "pic" was of "Buck" going down to BUCHANAN, Va. from his cabin on the BRP (or, his cabin in the woods near Smyrna, Va. in Upper Goose Creek Valley aka "flatlands"). According to BEDFORD VILLAGES: Lost & Found, Vol. III... pg. 116-122; "the community of Smyrna, no longer extant, was located along the upper branches of the North Fork of Goose Creek, near the intersection of Goose Creek Valley Road (Rt. 695) with Murriill Gap Road (Rt. 680) which leads off the Valley Road, near the intersection" (p. 116). He would take Bags of Chestnuts to the mill in Buchanan, etc. "Smyrna emerged in the UPPER GOOSE CREEK Valley, following the Civil War" (p. 116). VERY NICE drawn maps of old places shown... THIS INFO IS FOR "franklin"! :icon_thumleft: :coffee2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread