What's new

Bucket List Checked Again, 1905 S Barber Half !!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I left out around 10 AM, the plan was to door knock. I had the names of the owners for the four properties I had listed. First knock was a YES. :headbang: The owner just wanted to see my finds. My 2nd plug was 2 to 3 minutes into the hunt and produced the Buffalo. :thumbsup: This place is virgin, but with much soil moved over the century. About 1.5 hours in I dug the Rosie with 4 wheats in the same plug. :hello2: Moments later the next plug uncovered the Merc. :icon_thumright: Wheats were everywhere. I ended up digging 20 of them (1916 - 57D). Most of the wheats are from the 50s. Four hours in I got a big high tone, I thought to myself "here's that bucket list barber" and sure enough about 6" down I reached in and pulled the silver half out, and by god it is a Barber. :icon_cheers: How cool is that. 8-) I am only 40% done on the 1st grid. I know where I'll be tomorrow. Maybe an SLQ will show up? :dontknow:


Notable Finds

20160319_174506.webp

All Finds (less trash)

20160319_174131.webp

20160319_174238.webp20160319_174228.webp

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH
 
Upvote 112
Killer find, Great job Loco :icon_thumright:
 
Awesome hunt!!!

aj
 
Nice find. My bucket list has shrank significantly since my field permission but the Barber half remains on it. Good luck on the SLQ
 
Dang nice hunt Bud!! There's no better feeling than a first. "You tha man"[emoji106] [emoji109]

HH, Relic Nut
 
I gotta feeling we will be seeing more from you on this permission. That half is in pretty good condition, congrats.
 
Nice job Loco and with the way the weather was today...even better that you got out to knock on some doors. I can't wait to see what else you pull from this yard.
 
awesome - must have been an incredible feeling to see that...grats!!!
 
What a WONDERFUL way to kick into Spring!

Many happy returns!
 
Way to go Loco! :occasion14:
 
Wow, what a beautiful half dollar. Congrats! That one is pretty high up on my own list. Good luck with the rest of your permissions.
 
Very nice loco. Funny things come out of our mouths sometimes, like you mentioning the barber before you dug. I said something that actually made no sense before digging a Spanish Cob. I said, "if I don't dig this penny signal I'll never forgive myself", then boom, 1665 cob.

Congrats on the beautiful Barber half. And I won't be the least big surprised if you dig an SLQ considering what I just spoke of...


Cheers
 
All sorts of silver plus relics you can't beat a day like that!:headbang:

~Blaze
 
Grats! Hundred to a hundred and fifty dollar coin right there.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
 
Good job. Hit that place as hard as you can before they change there mind.
 
Nice big silver....yet to check that one off my list....Congrats friend....good luck tomorrow!
 
Congrats buddy! That's a hell of a coin man
 
Congrats on the half its a beauty and you sure did a lot of digging with more surprises to come
 
Nice big silver....yet to check that one off my list....Congrats friend....good luck tomorrow!

I thought you skipped that one and went right for the silver dollar....I mean Dollars.:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom