What's new

Bucket List Checked Again, 1905 S Barber Half !!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I left out around 10 AM, the plan was to door knock. I had the names of the owners for the four properties I had listed. First knock was a YES. :headbang: The owner just wanted to see my finds. My 2nd plug was 2 to 3 minutes into the hunt and produced the Buffalo. :thumbsup: This place is virgin, but with much soil moved over the century. About 1.5 hours in I dug the Rosie with 4 wheats in the same plug. :hello2: Moments later the next plug uncovered the Merc. :icon_thumright: Wheats were everywhere. I ended up digging 20 of them (1916 - 57D). Most of the wheats are from the 50s. Four hours in I got a big high tone, I thought to myself "here's that bucket list barber" and sure enough about 6" down I reached in and pulled the silver half out, and by god it is a Barber. :icon_cheers: How cool is that. 8-) I am only 40% done on the 1st grid. I know where I'll be tomorrow. Maybe an SLQ will show up? :dontknow:


Notable Finds

20160319_174506.webp

All Finds (less trash)

20160319_174131.webp

20160319_174238.webp20160319_174228.webp

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH
 
Upvote 112
Congratualtions on the very productive hunt! The barber half is a cool coin to find! :occasion14:
 
Great finds! Seems like there's gotta be a lot more too- keep the posts & pics coming. Congrats & GL!

-- Jeff --
 
You killed it today Loco! Congrats on the great finds.
 
Excellent hunt Loco :thumbsup: That had to be a ton of fun digging all those targets. Nice job man.
 
Congrats on another bucket list find!
You are on an awesome roll, may it continue!
 
Looks Like you had a good day Loco. That big Barber is killer!
 
Very nice! It didn't take you long to get back in the groove! lol
 
Awesome digs! What a hunt that big silver is such a great feeling and to be a barber! Just awesome congrats!
 
Oh man that's a butt kicking find! It's so nice to dig something you really want, and have it be in great condition too. Congrats on your first of many.
 
Great job Loco! What a great permission :) Cant wait to see what comes out next :)
 
You get some great permissions, bro! Congrats on another awesome hunt. Getting more permissions is my goal this year. Heck, just getting out and detecting needs to be my goal... Once again, I am inspired, good sir. Well done!
 
Very nice to check one off your list....congrats
 
sweet half! that looks like it must be an awesome place
 
Congrats on the Barber Half! I finally got my first last year and boy was I stoked. Nice finds!
 
Congrats on some finds that are over the top
 
Looks like a great dig day. That half is sweet! [emoji2]
 
Must be a bucket list kind of year . Wtg on the big silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom