digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
After my last hunt at my favorite park where I pulled 8 silver dimes and a bunch of wheats last week, I was thinking why only dimes when there should be some silver quarter's?

Went back there Sunday to do more pounding where I got the silver's, and although I didn't get quantity this time, I did get my first SLQ 1925:headbang:. It gave me a signal of between 5 and 27/28. In the past I would have passed it up with my AT, but there was just something about the 27/28 that sounded more solid then the typical rusty nail that gives the false high tones. So I drove the lesche into the ground and checked the plug, and sure enough, 3 rusty nails:BangHead:. Put the carrot in the hole and got a response. Dug out four more inches, dumped it on the ground, and there she was on top of the pile. I was in that shock thing that I couldn't believe what I was seeing, you know what I mean:laughing7:. But that's when I realized that the hype is real about the EQ. Pretty awesome.

Did manage another silver and a couple of wheats, but the SLQ made my day. I love this sport:icon_thumright:. And as you can see, I'm still pulling trash, but not as much as before. Still learning the machine.
P1000185 4 (2).jpg P1000188 2.jpg P1000189 2.jpg P1000184 2.jpg

Thanks for looking!
HH

Upvote 33

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the SLQ, and a dated one at that. Well done sir.

That is one of my favorite coins, such a classy design.

Good luck to you sir.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice hunt with some nice finds. Congrats on the silver:icon_thumleft:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Standing Liberty, and the rest of your finds.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that SLQ bucket lister. :occasion14: I often dig questionable signals when I am hunting a site that produced other keepers, especially after I have pounded it a few times. You just never know what the target is unless you dig it. I pulled a silver quarter yesterday that was a questionable target.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on ur finds , bucket lister to . I just got my equinox still looking for my silver coin

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on that SLQ bucket lister. :occasion14: I often dig questionable signals when I am hunting a site that produced other keepers, especially after I have pounded it a few times. You just never know what the target is unless you dig it. I pulled a silver quarter yesterday that was a questionable target.

:laughing7:I usually dig them iffy's. That would be the pile of nails in my trash. Good job on the silver Loco!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! I have found several SLQ's but NONE with a date. Some day, when the moon is right and the stars are aligned just right with my teeth, i will find one with a date! Great job on a fantastic find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread