What's new

Bucket lister, first state copper.

Fattony315

Full Member
Joined
May 17, 2013
Messages
242
Reaction score
521
Golden Thread
1
Location
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a friend and I hunted down in dutchess county n.y. Hunted a foundation he hunted 8 years ago. First signal at the foundation edge, is a 67 but giving a high tone on the at-pro. At 2 inches a pull out a nail, re scan and 83. About 1 inch down, out pops a copper. image.webpwipe it off a bit and I see it's a Connecticut copper. My first state copper. image.webp. Hunted for awhile and did not find anything else good. Moved to another spot and picked up an 1809 large cent and a few other goodie. Now I know your not suppose to clean coins, but it's my coin, so I put it in peroxide. After about an hour I could see copper color. I never seen a copper in peroxide come out with any color like that. It also had green spots on it that I wanted off. So now I rubbed it a bit with a green pad. It started to show more copper and detail came out more. I am ok with it, but I would like to know why it came out of the peroxide with copper color. All the other coppers turn brown. image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 40
Congrats on the state copper, don't clean it too much please save your first copper. I lost the date on a 1775 copper, with a bit too much time in peroxide. I found a few others and now use a toothpick and olive oil ;D
 
Very nice relic and coin finds! I love the old copper coins, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Nice finds. WTG. Congratulations.
 
Congrats Tony. I love the state coppers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom